• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I was really good in hs. worked at a cc so I could play all the time. hardly ever played in college +6 yrs after that so I lost my game. been struggling to get it back ever since but I think I could get into single digit handicaps if I had more time to practice and play. some lessons would help too. gonna play a lot this month hopefully. struggling with a death fade that kills my distance off the tee and long irons right now.

When I start fading the ball it's one of two reasons:

1. Body alignment. Where are my shoulders and feet aimed. Is my stance open? I recommend throwing down a club aimed at the target and then line up using that.

2. Swinging with all arms. Shoulder turn is non existent.

Haha sounds like we got a ringer here. Those HS teams you were on were insane loaded. And what makes you say Tommy's a douche? I can certainly see why someone would think that if you had just met him but he's actually a pretty decent guy once you get to know. Little goofy but nothing to take seriously.

Did I play against you perhaps? I just thought he was one of the cockiest people I had ever met. Not really my style. He was a pretty gracious loser though. My spots on the loaded teams you speak of went from #3 (eight grade), #1, #3, #4, #4-5.

When I start fading the ball it's one of two reasons:

2. Swinging with all arms. Shoulder turn is non existent.

I think this is part of the problem. Noticeably better when I work on this, but I need to work on timing, tying it all together...getting everything synchronized and feeling good.

Where are the best places to get lessons in Winston?

I'm going to give a shout out to our assistant pro at Pine Brook: Brad Leubchow. Very reasonable cost, and he's a fantastic teacher for all skill levels.

Like a poor man's LK, the best I could muster when I was at my peak was missing the Pub Links by a few shots, although I did lead after the first round which was fun.

Has anyone ever heard of or played in the Acura Alumni Challenge at Pinehurst? I won a scramble and got to go this year, and it was ridiculously awesome. Wake didn't field a team though.

I'm pretty sure you're better than me, so it's more like "rich man's LK." :thumbsup:

I have a confession and this thread seems like the best place to do it.... I am Arnold Palmer. And better than all of you put together at golf.

Ballpark cost? I'm probably looking to invest in a series for early spring.

I think he's in the $50/hr range with discounts for purchasing multiple lessons at once.

Very fairly priced.

I'm pretty sure you're better than me, so it's more like "rich man's LK." :thumbsup:

Nah, I only broke par in one tournament round this year.

And yes, that's 100% #humblebrag

brad is a really good guy. i worked with him at FCC when he was at the PGM school at campbell. he's honestly one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet and he really helped me with my game during the summer we worked together. i didn't know he was working at pine brook. good to know.

brad is a really good guy. i worked with him at FCC when he was at the PGM school at campbell. he's honestly one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet and he really helped me with my game during the summer we worked together. i didn't know he was working at pine brook. good to know.

+1

My reccomendation would be Rodney Morrow who is currently at Golf Galaxy beside the mall. I started with him when I was 13 and went through my junior year. He's a great teacher and even better guy. Played on the tour years back and has been the instructor at Grandover, Bryan Park, and Medowlands so the accolades are there as well.

My reccomendation would be Rodney Morrow who is currently at Golf Galaxy beside the mall. I started with him when I was 13 and went through my junior year. He's a great teacher and even better guy. Played on the tour years back and has been the instructor at Grandover, Bryan Park, and Medowlands so the accolades are there as well.

I had a lesson with him a few weeks ago, and he was good. I didn't love the set up at Golf Galaxy because I couldn't get visual feedback on my shot.

Back