• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

How do you like the JPX 900 forged? My roommate demoed some yesterday and I think that was the leader in the clubhouse after initial review

I love them. I had an older model of the TaylorMades and I gained about 10 yards of distance with these. They are a good mix of "game improvement" irons and player irons. Someone describing them said if you could pick one sets of irons that all of golfers had to play - this would be the set because of the combo of workability/improvement attributes. The clubs look great and the balls sounds great coming off the club.

Last edited:
I love them. I had an older model of the TaylorMades and I gained about 10 yards of distance with these. They are a good mix of "game improvement" irons and player irons. Someone describing them said if you could pick one sets of irons that all of golfers had to play - this would be the set because of the combo of workability/improvement attributes. The clubs look great and the balls sounds great coming off the club.

I was Trackman custom fit a few years ago and I went into the process expecting to get Titleist. Ended up with the JPX850 forged with KBS C taper lite X stiff shafts. A perfect mix of players iron and game improvement. I have been very happy with them.

Driver - Callaway Rogue 9.0
3W - Taylormade M2
hybrid - Ping g 10 (Oldest club besides my putter, absolutely love it, will be hard to replace because my main course it fits me perfectly for about 4 tee shots)
4-AW - Taylormade M2
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 54 and 60
Putter - Odyssey White Hot (circa 2005?, have tried to replace it but always come back)

Made an effort the last 2-3 seasons to upgrade my bag. Has definitely made an impact, plus I've been playing a good amount more. I'm not anything close to an equipment geek but it is fun getting some new sticks and seeing them help you on the course.

How do you like the JPX 900 forged? My roommate demoed some yesterday and I think that was the leader in the clubhouse after initial review

Andddddddd maybe not. Just watched him hit a hole in one on #7 at Larkhaven in Charlotte.

As he walks up to the tee: “now would be a great time to have those JPX 900s”

True story

What's Larkhaven like ? I've never played there.

All the gamblers moved over to Larkhaven for their money games when Eastwood closed 20 years ago....now Larkhaven is closing in the next year. It's not a bad course, short, a few quirky doglegs/blind tee shots. Always fun teeing off on #1 (driveable par 4) where the tee is steps away from the clubhouse.

What's Larkhaven like ? I've never played there.

Crap fairways but by far the quickest greens I've ever played. That's not an exaggeration or a joke. Rock hard, cut down to the dirk, and sun baked. They actually roll well but it's very comparable to putting on a high school gym floor. I hit a 60* into 2 yesterday and the first hop was easily 7 feet high.

Interesting.

So are they letting the course turn to shit since they're closing next year ?

Last edited:
The layout doesn't really fit my game. Extremely short, you really only need to hit driver on 1 hole on the front. Close to the same with the back. The course definitely gets its strokes back on the greens

Interesting.

So are they letting the course turn to shit since they're closing next year ?

What's weird is they were doing massive renovations on quite a few holes yesterday. Ripped up almost entire fairways for new grass. Or maybe they're already breaking ground for a neighborhood :noidea:

The gf wants to take golf lessons, any recommendations in the Winston area?

I grew up going to Rodney Morrow when he was with Robert Linville Golf School in Greensboro. He's now the head pro over at Golf Galaxy off Hanes mall blvd. Extremely nice, older gentleman. In my opinion, he's excellent at developing the swing with beginners. That's where I sent my brother when he picked up the game a few years back. I'm not sure i'd recommend a scratch to head over that way, but for any beginner or novice that would be my fist choice.

My member guest is this weekend and the weather in Pinehurst looks BLEAK. It alternates between regular rain and thunderstorm rain both Friday and Saturday.

My tourney this weekend at Salem Glenn already got cancelled. I doubt much golf gets played in NC this weekend

My member guest is this weekend and the weather in Pinehurst looks BLEAK. It alternates between regular rain and thunderstorm rain both Friday and Saturday.

Need to catch up and play next time you're down. We've got reciprocal with CCNC for some of the summer.

Will be attending a wedding near asheville this weekend. Going to try and sneak in a round Saturday morning. Any suggestions?

Back