Page 182 of 184 FirstFirst ... 82132172177178179180181182183184 LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 3666

Thread: Official OGBoards Golf Thread

My daughter is playing a high school tournament at Salem Glen next week, are there any quirky holes/issues with the course to look out for? they'll likely be playing the red tees,

I am looking for a travel bag for flying with my clubs, preferably one that folds up small so I can put it in my suitcase for my flight over, and then use for bringing my clubs back. Anyone have recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    I am looking for a travel bag for flying with my clubs, preferably one that folds up small so I can put it in my suitcase for my flight over, and then use for bringing my clubs back. Anyone have recommendations?
    Haven't ever seen a bag that can fold up that small and actually protect your clubs in any meaningful way. I switched to a big-ass hard case after watching how they treat clubs headed onto planes.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    Check out the Sun Mountain Kube. It's pretty new and collapses.

would love some bag thoughts:

i currently have a 3 wood (rbz) and then my next longest club is a 4 hybrid (21 degrees). i use my 3 wood off the tee probably an average of 2 times a round, almost never anywhere else. if i ever need to hit a long shot off the deck (200+ yds) i just use the hybrid.

feels like a pretty big gap but not sure where/when i'd productively use another club (currently only carrying 13).

How many wedges do you have?

I've got the same basic bag but have four wedges. Also carry 4 - 9, a 4-Hybrid, 3W, and Driver. Currently, I'm least enamored of my 4-hybrid and thinking of dropping it for a 3-iron or hybrid iron.

three wedges:
    1/ 49 degree approach
    2/ 54 degree, mid bounce (vokey m grind) -- rarely use this with a full swing
    3/ 58 degree, super high bounce -- have never hit w/ a full swing
    Last edited by IAppreciateIt; 04-26-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAppreciateIt View Post
    would love some bag thoughts:

i currently have a 3 wood (rbz) and then my next longest club is a 4 hybrid (21 degrees). i use my 3 wood off the tee probably an average of 2 times a round, almost never anywhere else. if i ever need to hit a long shot off the deck (200+ yds) i just use the hybrid.

feels like a pretty big gap but not sure where/when i'd productively use another club (currently only carrying 13).
    Why not a 3 hybrid? I have 2 hybrids - I think they are 19 and 24 degrees...

Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    Same here. The longest iron in bag is a five-iron. I find I hit the hybrids more consistently well than I used to hit a three or four-iron, but if I miss a shot, the area in which I値l miss is bigger with the hybrids.

I'm the opposite. Got a 3 hybrid late last summer, after using a 3 iron my whole life, and it's my least favorite club in my bag. I hit a natural draw, and the hybrid draws/hooks more than any club in my bag by far, even with it set to the most open setting. Our head pro told me hybrids have naturally closed clubfaces (usually meant for higher handicaps), which could be leading to this, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    yeah, but considering that (or a 2h) vs a 5 wood. what's your yardage difference between those two clubs?

I choked away the chance this weekend to pull off the double at my club. I won the club championship last fall and this weekend was the Senior club championship. Everyone plays the white tees so it plays very short. Saturday I made every putt I looked at and shot 67. I took a two shot lead into today against the guy that has won it (and the regular club championship) a ton of times. I was super shaky today and fell behind early. I fought back and went one-up after a birdie on 15. Then I bogied the par 5 17th after being in a greenside bunker in 2 (missed a 4 footer!)... The other guy finished birdie-birdie and beat me by 2. Conditions were a lot tougher today but that was no excuse for my 76.... he shot 72, one guy shot 75 and everyone else was higher...

Fun round last night - hit a couple of greens and finished with 2 pars (including hitting out of a bunker to give myself the par-putt opportunity). Scored 51 on 9 which is a personal best - starting to see the improvement that comes from weekly practice and playing. Really enjoying the game so far this summer.

Has anyone ever played Catawba Country Club? I'm playing in a tournament there soon and I've never played the course before and don't have a chance to go check it out.

I am playing Maple Chase, touring the facilities, and having lunch there this coming Wednesday. Any board members who are Maple Chase members that would like to join me for the round?

Historically Competitive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I am playing Maple Chase, touring the facilities, and having lunch there this coming Wednesday. Any board members who are Maple Chase members that would like to join me for the round?
    I have a 1:10 pm tee-time with another Deac, you're welcome to play with us.

eta: I went ahead and added you (as 'shorty') to the tee-sheet. Let me know if I need to change anything.
    Last edited by vtwhat etc; 05-10-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vtwhat etc View Post
    I have a 1 pm tee-time with another Deac, you're welcome to play with us.

eta: I went ahead and added you (as 'shorty') to the tee-sheet. Let me know if I need to change anything.
    Thanks for adding Shorty. I値l PM you with my actual name, and yes, I would love to join you two. I値l let the pro shop know I have a game and I値l look forward to meeting you on Wednesday. Will you be walking or riding?

Historically Competitive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Thanks for adding Shorty. I値l PM you with my actual name, and yes, I would love to join you two. I値l let the pro shop know I have a game and I値l look forward to meeting you on Wednesday. Will you be walking or riding?
    I'm walking with my fancy cart that follows me.

The other dude is walking. I put you down as a rider, but can let them know what you prefer.

Historically Competitive
    P.s. think my inbox was full. I deleted a couple.