• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Deacfreak07

Ain't played nobody, PAWL!
Reaction score
Figured it was time we had a silo for golf related discussion. Hopefully folks can use this thread for advice on courses, instruction, equipment, and all things golf-related. Feel free to share your great rounds/shots, epic failures, meltdowns, and any great stories.

Bought a Living Social deal for Corbin Hills in Salisbury. Using one of them tomorrow. Anyone ever played there?

Tip from a pro- always carry an extra pair of pants in case you get a hole in one. Har har.

old%20head%20headland.jpg

Anyone play here? I've always wanted to. I would bring great shame and dishonor to this golf course with my skills.

I'm gonna be playing in Grand Cayman in 2 weeks with my dad on Christmas vacation, wooo. I'm not great, but I've improved immensely over the last year, so hopefully I can keep that up over the winter and hit the range a good bit. Hell yeah for heated range bays at a lot of ranges around DC.

I'm gonna be playing in Grand Cayman in 2 weeks with my dad on Christmas vacation, wooo. I'm not great, but I've improved immensely over the last year, so hopefully I can keep that up over the winter and hit the range a good bit. Hell yeah for heated range bays at a lot of ranges around DC.

I'm jelly. Although, I think I'm starting to love actually playing during the winter in NC. For a max handicapper like me, it's nice to have the course to yourself.

Bit more info please.

My son and I are playing the Celebrity Course at Indian Wells on Dec. 28....this is the course they used for the Big Break (the one before Ireland).

Bauce.

My rules for enjoying cold weather golf:

1) Under armour is your friend. One cold weather long sleeve under armour shirt and a sweater are enough to keep you warm in 40 degree weather.

2) Carry your own bag. At the very least walk. You'll be warmer.

3) Play with friends.

4) Carry a flask of some liquid fire.

5) Accept that the ball will not fly as far as summertime, the greens will be frozen solid, and you won't make a single putt and just enjoy it for the fun that it is.

My rules for enjoying cold weather golf:

5) Accept that the ball will not fly as far as summertime, the greens will be frozen solid, and you won't make a single putt and just enjoy it for the fun that it is.

qft

Damn, you people are lame. I used to play winter golf in New Jersey before I moved down here... it was a max two putt if there was snow in your line on the green.

Top Golf is fun. Top Golf is NOT a driving range.

what is top golf? i've seen it before, and didn't know exactly what it was. is it worth driving like an hr each way to play there?

what is top golf? i've seen it before, and didn't know exactly what it was. is it worth driving like an hr each way to play there?

Worth driving an hour? Probably not. However, it is definitely a fun thing to do if you get the chance.

You've got to treat it as a night out, and not like actually trying to go a range to get better.

Anyone have push cart recommendations? Thinking about one for Christmas.

I've been trying to golf twice a month here in Wilmington. Just have to pick the nicer days of the month. So far Nov. and Dec have been fine. We will see about Jan-Mar

Back