• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

DR's position on Wes Miller has always been LOWF to me. We need to hire a guy a decade before any other ACC school would consider him because at that point we won't have a shot? I don't buy that.

The most damning evidence against Miller is that he's still the coach at UNCG. I fully expect that to change in the next 2 years. Where he ends up, and his level of success, will be interesting to watch. It will not be UNC or Duke.

Some close to UNC-G (so not tier 1/2, but those that pay attention to the program) think that Miller is happy at UNC-G to build his resume, get donors (including familial ones) to build the job into a higher profile position, and wait on an opportunity that he wants (most likely UNC). The thinking is that instead of jumping from UNC-G to the next rung, to UNC, he'll build UNC-G into the next rung, then UNC.

Enjoyed this one. Yes, you are right. I wanted all 3. And you made fun of it. Now Archie coaches Indiana. Wow did history prove Wake alums to be morons.

Lots of classic posts on this thread. We suck because our alums suck. Buzz Williams left Marquette because it was too hard to win there. Wojo has them ranked 11th.

I wonder if Forbes is interested in bringing Archie or Wojo on board as a 4th assistant

Sorry I didn't get a chance to weigh in this morning. I was too busy playing the Floridian.

Interesting that a guy who says so much does so little to support the program. Hope you played well, or at least got a client out of your bogey round.

Interesting that a guy who says so much does so little to support the program. Hope you played well, or at least got a client out of your bogey round.

I come up here about once every 6 months. When I do, all of you people go nuts. How is that "says so much." More like carries a big stick.

Not sure what else I'm supposed to do to support the basketball program other than go to more games than about 10 folks and write checks for thousands of dollars. I unconditionally support the program with my time and money. Even though I think we continue to make horrible decisions by playing in the worst venue in sports and not hiring a young hungry smart coach.

I come up here about once every 6 months. When I do, all of you people go nuts. How is that "says so much." More like carries a big stick.

Not sure what else I'm supposed to do to support the basketball program other than go to more games than about 10 folks and write checks for thousands of dollars. I unconditionally support the program with my time and money. Even though I think we continue to make horrible decisions by playing in the worst venue in sports and not hiring a young hungry smart coach.

This pov makes very little sense.

Drew takes a stupid position and then pretends that his fantasy would've come true if anyone else had listened to him. The fact that no one listened to him, including his close friends, simply proves his point in his mind - the point being that HE KNOWS BEST in a world of losers. He projects his expertise in chasing ambulances into every other area of his interest. "I'm good at this profession, so why wouldn't I know everything there is to know about everything?" He refuses to admit when he's wrong, even when a decade of experience has proven it so. No one else hired Wes Miller in the decade or so that we couldn't afford to lose? OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS TOO. When everyone around you seems like they're crazy, maybe it's time to look in the mirror.

PS - I guarantee you that Drew has been working from the office this entire year under the "lawyers are essential because the law we wrote says so" fallacy.

This guy thinks I sit in an office in Greensboro, NC practicing personal injury law.

To be fair, you did post a picture of a traffic accident on Facebook the other day.

This guy thinks I sit in an office in Greensboro, NC practicing personal injury law.
Honestly nobody really gives a shit what you do if you didn't inject it into every conversation. They are trying to live their own lives. Why are you so insecure?

HOF Wes gonna get taken to the woodshed by FSU today.

I have fun talking shit to DR when he comes around as much as any, but I don’t get the “does so little” take

he’s wrong on a lot of stuff, but I don’t think it’s for lack of “doing”

Yeah, DR is a broken record and easy target who throws a bunch of shit at the wall and hopes it sticks.

That said, he probably gives more of his time and money to Wake than most of us. He also doesn't hide behind anonymity, which is ballsy, given he comes on here and tells us all how wrong we are and how all he does is win.

One day you might be right DR, but not fully getting behind Forbes and the guys currently is counterproductive and misguided, IMO.

Forbes is Skip Prosser 2.0...yeah I said it...And Skip was really close to making us a perennial sweet 16 team. Let's enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Yeah, DR is a broken record and easy target who throws a bunch of shit at the wall and hopes it sticks.

That said, he probably gives more of his time and money to Wake than most of us. He also doesn't hide behind anonymity, which is ballsy, given he comes on here and tells us all how wrong we are and how all he does is win.

One day you might be right DR, but not fully getting behind Forbes and the guys currently is counterproductive and misguided, IMO.

Forbes is Skip Prosser 2.0...yeah I said it...And Skip was really close to making us a perennial sweet 16 team. Let's enjoy the ride.

I honestly think Forbes has a good chance of being better than Skip

Skip god rest his soul was a good basketball coach but not a great one.

Yeah. And Skip wasn’t close to making us a perennial Sweet 16 team. We made one Sweet 16. His last year, we were under .500.

I honestly think Forbes has a good chance of being better than Skip

I already had a lot of confidence in Forbes eventually building something good at Wake - his brutal and efficient house-cleaning of late has ramped that up quite a bit, along with snagging LaRavia so quickly.

dr brings a lot on himself and gets what he deserves here (I doubt he cares what we say), but we would do well to have more like him.

Back