• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

The key for Wes at Wake could be what Jeff Battle decides to do at the end of the season. If Jeff leaves, we have a choice to make- Wes or Chill.

I'm sure Rusty would really appreciate being passed over.

I think if we want him we have to make a run at him this year. If not my guess is that he doesn't end up in black and gold.

Yeah, because a lifelong ACC guy, with deep family ties to Wake, who wanted himself to play at Wake, would never consider taking the head job at Wake at any point in time after the year he turns 30.

Going once, GONE!

In my opinion Wes probably isn't ready, but he would probably make for a better product immediately then Bz, and in 2-3 years we might really have something. I hate the idea of hiring him as an assistant. He is goin to be offered at least 1 D1 head coaching job (UNCG) this offseason if not more. No way he takes an assistant job if he has he chance to run the show for a D1 program. And he DEFINITELY won't take an assistant job at e worst school in the ACC. I think if we want him we have to make a run at him this year. If not my guess is that he doesn't end up in black and gold.

Agreed. He's already a D1 head coach. Why the eff would he come ride our pine at an ACC bottom feeder. Let him be a HC for a few more years, see if he's legit, and then possibly make a run at him to take over the program. Enough of playing musical chairs with our assistant coach positions.

Yeah, because a lifelong ACC guy, with deep family ties to Wake, who wanted himself to play at Wake, would never consider taking the head job at Wake at any point in time after the year he turns 30.

Going once, GONE!

I just think he moves pretty quickly if he is as good as advertised. If he isn't as good as advertised then we don't want him anyway. Either way in my opinin we don't end up with him. We might be able to wait a year and see what he does at UNC-G, but at that point he is more expensive and there are more suitors.

Like I said in the last post. Even though Wes probably isn't ready, I still think he would do a better job than Bz at this point in getting our program back on track. My guess is that Wes really isn't even on Wellman's reality wishlist right now, and we are all just enjoying a thread of pipedreams, but it is kind of fun to speculate and figure out if Wes would make a good fit. I really want to see UNC - G play now though...that is for sure.

I just think he moves pretty quickly if he is as good as advertised. If he isn't as good as advertised then we don't want him anyway. Either way in my opinin we don't end up with him. We might be able to wait a year and see what he does at UNC-G, but at that point he is more expensive and there are more suitors.

Wrangor, you believe Wake can't compete on price or otherwise in two-plus years with "more suitors" for a 30-something coach at UNC-G whose dream job is in the ACC?

UNCG can wrap up the North division of the Southern Conference with a victory tomorrow night at home against Wofford.

Wofford is favored by 1. Should be a good game.

There will be blood. Oh yes, there will be blood.

I would guess UNCG gives Miller a little more money before next year.

Back