• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

you're right - my apologies. I somehow missed the word "correct" in your response

but hiring the "correct" young coach is the very tricky part

for the record, I was a huge Nate Oats proponent - I was sure we were finally going to fire Manning in 2019, and Nate Oats looked like the closest thing to a sure thing I had seen in many years. But he's never going to be the coach at WF, and so I don't feel the need to re-litigate that decision year after year after year after year after year.

we have a very good coach right now. He's not young, but he has shown he knows what he is doing. He seems to relate well to kids. He is clearly putting in the work. He is willing to have tough conversations to make the roster better. We're going to be good. Probably very good. Maybe elite. I'd rather spend my energy supporting Forbes than talking about some other guy we could have hired.

That said, if I had to bet...Forbes probably will leave WF without a national championship. Not because he's not a good coach, but because the odds are that any coach would leave WF without a national championship. And so when that day comes, DR will use his twisted logic to come back here and blame the fanbase for supporting Forbes and not backing a "winner", like DR. And Wes. And Wojo.

Yeah I think Forbes was a good hire. I hope he's a great hire. I'm not sure if we were desirable enough of a landing spot for someone like Oats anyway. I haven't really thought too much about it, but among all the P6 jobs, Wake has to be near the bottom after what this program has slogged through since Guadio was fired by that moron.

Here's where the thread from 2012 was bumped 8 years later, in a classic LOOK AT ME moment. Seriously - it was 8 years old and DR bumped it to remind us of his brilliant prognostications:

Some interesting takes a decade ago. Glad y’all were so in to hiring that old guy [Redacted]! Worked out nicely!

And the recent posts, where he tells us all how dumb we are for not agreeing with everything he says, and how history clearly has proven him right:

Keep building this thread. It’s great.

Love the folks telling me it mattered who was qualified more back in 2011. Turns out it mattered who was the better coach for the next 10 years. As I said then, Bob Knight has the best resume by far. Which has not a damn thing to do with who will have the best record from 2011-2050. As is apparent now, Wes is an 700 win guy.

Y’all keep wondering and staying the course with old, qualified dudes. It’s been working great for 80 years!

If the debate above was entirely about coaches, it would be weirdly personal. DR can't just debate coaches. He makes the debate about his own predictions, and he uses the Trump move of saying things LOUDLY and OFTEN to try to convince us that what he says is true, even in the face of plenty of contrary evidence.

It’s much more likely, by a factor of like a thousand, that we would end up with a revolving door of 30-something failures than with the guy who carries us to 40 years of sustained excellence using DR’s “strategy”. We have the right coach now, let’s move on.

Here's where the thread from 2012 was bumped 8 years later, in a classic LOOK AT ME moment. Seriously - it was 8 years old and DR bumped it to remind us of his brilliant prognostications:

And the recent posts, where he tells us all how dumb we are for not agreeing with everything he says, and how history clearly has proven him right:

If the debate above was entirely about coaches, it would be weirdly personal. DR can't just debate coaches. He makes the debate about his own predictions, and he uses the Trump move of saying things LOUDLY and OFTEN to try to convince us that what he says is true, even in the face of plenty of contrary evidence.

I'm not going to read through the posts from 2012, but were the majority of people on this thread actually in favor of hiring Jeff B z d e l i k?

I'm not going to read through the posts from 2012, but were the majority of people on this thread actually in favor of hiring Jeff B z d e l i k?

No, people were equal parts dumbfounded, enraged and literally clueless as to who the eff he even was.

I love how DR has a surrogate in ball state deac on this thread.

Is Forbes and Miller had both stayed in the Southern Conference than East Tennessee state would probably have won the championship again this year.

I would have also been perfectly happy with our choice last year if we also ended up with Miller.

Although I am glad that wake went with the working man coach who's had more success objectively. Kind of outside what you would expect wake to do. I like it.

Last edited:
Wes Miller is still intriguing all these years later despite still be at the same low level job and DR is still hmmm what’s the word... I’ll go with douchebag , after all these years.

Drew takes a stupid position and then pretends that his fantasy would've come true if anyone else had listened to him. The fact that no one listened to him, including his close friends, simply proves his point in his mind - the point being that HE KNOWS BEST in a world of losers. He projects his expertise in chasing ambulances into every other area of his interest. "I'm good at this profession, so why wouldn't I know everything there is to know about everything?" He refuses to admit when he's wrong, even when a decade of experience has proven it so. No one else hired Wes Miller in the decade or so that we couldn't afford to lose? OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS TOO. When everyone around you seems like they're crazy, maybe it's time to look in the mirror.

PS - I guarantee you that Drew has been working from the office this entire year under the "lawyers are essential because the law we wrote says so" fallacy.

Wrong. DR has never worked from his office.

No, people were equal parts dumbfounded, enraged and literally clueless as to who the eff he even was.

And unfortunately, the [Redacted] hiring discussion was mostly over on the Scout boards, which I don't think even exist anymore. "Dumbfounded" is probably the best way to describe everyone's reaction. And amazingly, Wellman survived that decision and was allowed to hire another coach. Just incredible.

Which green is DR’s office?

Back