• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

I already had a lot of confidence in Forbes eventually building something good at Wake - his brutal and efficient house-cleaning of late has ramped that up quite a bit, along with snagging LaRavia so quickly.

Agreed. It’s important to note that our top contributors last year are still on the roster. I can see how some fans see this as a “mass exodus” but it’s definitely a house cleaning.

Yeah. And Skip wasn’t close to making us a perennial Sweet 16 team. We made one Sweet 16. His last year, we were under .500.

Yeah but that's kind of unfair, given he had AFA coming in the next year, and was gaining momentum on the recruiting trail.

dr brings a lot on himself and gets what he deserves here (I doubt he cares what we say), but we would do well to have more like him.

dr in real life is as nice as can be, just has strong opinions about the direction of the program. if anyone takes us to a final four no doubt he'll be there even if they weren't his first choice.

dr in real life is as nice as can be, just has strong opinions about the direction of the program. if anyone takes us to a final four no doubt he'll be there even if they weren't his first choice.

Agreed

Come on Wes, you can do it. Florida State continues to look like crap just like they did in ACC Tourney.

They could really use both top 12 NBA draft picks, pat Williams and devin vassell. That's like losing Teague and James Johnson at the same time...

Yeah but that's kind of unfair, given he had AFA coming in the next year, and was gaining momentum on the recruiting trail.

It's not unfair. I think that Skip, if he had lived, would have eventually made us a perennial Sweet 16 team, but he wasn't close to doing so when he died. If anything, we had regressed. But there was a lot of hope. I would have loved to have seen what he could have done with the Teague/Johnson teams and how he could have built on them.

It's not unfair. I think that Skip, if he had lived, would have eventually made us a perennial Sweet 16 team, but he wasn't close to doing so when he died. If anything, we had regressed. But there was a lot of hope. I would have loved to have seen what he could have done with the Teague/Johnson teams and how he could have built on them.

Was the Teague/Johnson class the one he had coming in the next season when he passed?

Was the Teague/Johnson class the one he had coming in the next season when he passed?

No - they had just finished their freshman year. The incoming class was Ty Walker, Tony Woods, and AFA. IMO and based on totally nothing, Ty Walker would have been a totally different player with Skip as HC instead of Gaudio.

No - they had just finished their freshman year. The incoming class was Ty Walker, Tony Woods, and AFA. IMO and based on totally nothing, Ty Walker would have been a totally different player with Skip as HC instead of Gaudio.

No. He never coached Teague and Johnson. He died before their freshman year, right around the time Aminu committed.

Skip never coached Teague and Johnson. He recruited them and signed them. But he died the summer before they began their freshman year.

Yeah. That's kind of my point. I don't think it's a stretch to say Skip had us on the cusp of a perennial "power"... He never got a chance to coach the most well rounded and talented roster he recruited. Dino brought those boys to #1... Skip was too good of a coach at that point to allow those guys to become unfocussed.

I hope Forbes is better than Skip 2.0. Skip was a great guy and I remember him fondly, but his overall results at WFU are pretty underwhleming. He inherited an ACC player of the year and had one of the best point guards in basketball history grow up around the corner and he couldn't sustain without one of those two. Skip was 8-24 in the ACC without Howard/CP3.

Here we go with the with and without stats.

What was Skips record WITH CP3 and J-Ho...

Skip knew it was all about the jimmies and joes

Yeah. That's kind of my point. I don't think it's a stretch to say Skip had us on the cusp of a perennial "power"... He never got a chance to coach the most well rounded and talented roster he recruited. Dino brought those boys to #1... Skip was too good of a coach at that point to allow those guys to become unfocussed.
Like 2003 and 2005 Where we lost in the 2nd round each time as 2 seeds? He never demonstrated that he was a very good tournament coach.

Last edited:
Like 2003 and 2005 Where we lost in the 2nd round each time as 2 seeds? He never demonstrated that he was a very good tournament coach.

Even the best coaches in the country lose in the first and second round. Basing your judgement on just two games is pretty silly. I wish Skip had had more chances to prove himself in the Tournament. If Tony Bennett didn’t get another chance after UMBC then you would be posting that he was a bad tournament coach. The coaches that tend to win in the regular season also tend to win in the tournament. Skip would’ve broken through in 2008 and 2009.

Even the best coaches in the country lose in the first and second round. Basing your judgement on just two games is pretty silly. I wish Skip had had more chances to prove himself in the Tournament. If Tony Bennett didn’t get another chance after UMBC then you would be posting that he was a bad tournament coach. The coaches that tend to win in the regular season also tend to win in the tournament. Skip would’ve broken through in 2008 and 2009.
Well Tony Bennett even when he was struggling in the NCAA tournament put on together some very impressive performances in the ACC tournament so it was more indication that he could win in the postseason. The main point being that it's kind of wishful thinking that hypothetical skip Prosser could never lose a team when he had 2 top 10 teams going into the postseason that totally fell apart.

And looking back on Tony bennett's record his actual struggling included an elite 8 and 2 additional sweet sixteens.

Nothing would make me happier than for skip to finally break through or anybody who was the coach for that matter

Last edited:
The Auburn game was terrible. We had no business losing. WV was unconscious for parts of that game. We didn't "fall apart".

They were unconscious in great part due to our shitty defense. At the end of the day we had 2 top 5ish teams who entered the postseason and they combined for 2 very close wins over 15 seeds and a win over a bad Florida state team.

Last edited:
Back