• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

We didn't lose to those 15 seeds. Close wins are still wins.

The Auburn game was terrible. We had no business losing. WV was unconscious for parts of that game. We didn't "fall apart".

Yeah, I'm sure Wake's #89 rated defense had nothing to do with that.

Obviously love how Skip represented the school, and that was an incredibly exciting chapter in the history of Wake Forest basketball. However probably everybody here agrees that none of us went into those tournaments without a great deal of anxiety about how we were going to perform. Of course that also just comes with the territory of being a Wake Forest fan

Cincinnati is renting him for a few years before he bolts to replace Hubie in CH.

The pulse of Wake’s fan base on Miller was captured in this thread. It was read by decision makers on both sides. Wake alums got what they wanted. As they have with the Joel.

Don’t get me wrong, Wake alums should get what we want. It’s our team.

And the results, past and future are just a reflection of those decisions. There is only one group who should revel in the success and take the blame for the failure: The pulse of the Wake Forest community.

This thread is what it is. WF chose this path.

Oh ok. I was confused by what he was trying to say as well but that clears it up thanks.

I hope Wes does well in Cincy

DR's post doesn't even make sense though

It makes perfect sense. The Don of Greensboro has been saying for a decade that HOF Wes should get an ACC job. His resume has yet to warrant that. Gotta move those goal posts every year.

I do agree that the big money at Wake enabled ronnie to run the bball program into the ground with poor selfish decisions. It was not the rank and file fans. Though a few of you held on a little to long to belief in ronnie.

Cincinnati fans should be excited that Wes and daddy warbucks are swooping in to save they day... program.

Wake fans apparently paved the way for Wes to get his first big boy job in the A10...or something like that.

Still haven't found my keys since being asked to hide them. Damn.

I mean the syntax is weird and I don’t understand what he’s getting at

I think i've made myself fairly clear in the past on this. Wake Forest basketball really, really sucks because most of our alums that pipe up aren't very smart. The horrific insiders have made horrific decisions.

When 99% of your alums tell you not to hire Wes Miller, you don't hire Wes Miller. When so many tell you "the Joel is fine" you buy the Joel.

Our AD's are not to blame for our horrible past and future. We are. We aren't very smart.

I think i've made myself fairly clear in the past on this. Wake Forest basketball really, really sucks because most of our alums that pipe up aren't very smart. The horrific insiders have made horrific decisions.

When 99% of your alums tell you not to hire Wes Miller, you don't hire Wes Miller. When so many tell you "the Joel is fine" you buy the Joel.

Our AD's are not to blame for our horrible past and future. We are. We aren't very smart.

LOL donald ross you sound ridiculous, we’ve sucked the past 11 years cause of Ron Wellman. theres a new sheriff in town and his name is John Currie, plus Forbes was, is and will continue to be a better coach than Wes Miller so just let it go my friend.

LOL donald ross you sound ridiculous, we’ve sucked the past 11 years cause of Ron Wellman. theres a new sheriff in town and his name is John Currie, plus Forbes was, is and will continue to be a better coach than Wes Miller so just let it go my friend.

I endorse this position.

I also would like to see the Joel entirely redone and upgraded.

DR, I think Wes will be successful at Cincinnati. Presumably this is your position also. But can you for foresee any reason why he wouldn’t? Would be good to get all the expectations or excuses on the record. You’ve been waiting for this moment for him to prove himself, so there’s no reason why he shouldn’t flourish, right?

Back