• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

Wes Miller could be a great coach, but he didn't go from asst at UNC-G to lock for top 10 program job in a month.

Brad Stevens just moved up to elite job opening level.

I listened to a former Duke player tell me during the UNCG game today that Wes would be his choice to replace Coach K.

Wes is an excellent young coach. We probably have already missed the opportunity to hire him as I wanted to do before last season.

He turned 29 today and because of that has a chance to make a run at 800+ wins.

This post proves there are 2 certifiable crazy gingers on this board.

I listened to a former Duke player tell me during the UNCG game today that Wes would be his choice to replace Coach K.

Wes is an excellent young coach. We probably have already missed the opportunity to hire him as I wanted to do before last season.

He turned 29 today and because of that has a chance to make a run at 800+ wins.

So basically what you're saying is that it's unofficially official -- Wes Miller to Duke.

Wes Miller could be a great coach, but he didn't go from asst at UNC-G to lock for top 10 program job in a month.

Brad Stevens just moved up to elite job opening level.

What? Brad Stevens could walk into any job opening he wants. I buy Powerball tickets with the hope that I could buy him for the Deacs.

What? Brad Stevens could walk into any job opening he wants. I buy Powerball tickets with the hope that I could buy him for the Deacs.

As I said, Brad Stevens just moved up to elite job opening level when he took Butler to the final four.

As I said, Brad Stevens just moved up to elite job opening level when he took Butler to the final four.

Brad Stevens was in the talk for elite coaching jobs at the start of the tournament two years ago. After he made his run and almost beat Duke, his asking price only got higher.

UNC-G won at Samford last night to move back into a first place tie in their division of the SoCon. They were 2-8 (0-3) when he took over and now they are 10-15 (8-5).

So basically what you're saying is that it's unofficially official -- Wes Miller to Duke.

What I got from it was "Where were you when Wes Miller was hired?" (one of the under-rated classics from our online history).

UNC-G won at Samford last night to move back into a first place tie in their division of the SoCon. They were 2-8 (0-3) when he took over and now they are 10-15 (8-5).

but don't you see the coach change had nothing to do with it. he was able to bring in an entire new roster of players too. no one could win or even think of being competitive with those players that went 2-8

:geek:

The incredible Wes Miller story continues. Without the SoCon's leading scorer tonight, UNCG beats CofC by 15.

Why do I have a feeling that we will still be dicking around with [Redacted]:thumbsup: and Wes Miller shoots right past us?

They have won 10 of 11 after losing 11 straight. Just amazing.

What's even more amazing is that UNCG has hired a search firm to select their next coach. That's just idiotic (unless Wake has already told him that Wes is their's).

Simpson was on the bench in street clothes last night with an injury and they still won by 15.

Kim Record is a moron. I hear Wes is a candidate for the about to be open UCLA job. We are morons if we don't scoop him up right now.

Last edited:
Simpson was on the bench in street clothes last night with an injury and they still won by 15.

Kim Record is a moron. I hear Wes is a candidate for the about to be open UCLA job. We are morons if we don't scoop him up right now.

Sexist. Your President would not be proud of you.

Kim Record is a moron.

Yeah, but would you hit it?

kim_record_presser.jpg

The incredible Wes Miller story continues. Without the SoCon's leading scorer tonight, UNCG beats CofC by 15.

Why do I have a feeling that we will still be dicking around with [Redacted]:thumbsup: and Wes Miller shoots right past us?

This is what makes me the maddest. So many ACC schools, us being one of the worst offenders, need good coaches to get competitive again. Aside from the three "wait and see" posters left, most everyone sees that Bzdelick was just an awful hire. If you have to look THAT HARD at a resume to find something good out of 30+ years of coaching, that's not your guy. It is all about the coach at this level, and we are just wasting time treading water until we make a serious hire.

If that's true, we need to make a move on Wes - If he's good enough to be seriously considered by UCLA, he's definitely good enough to be considered by Wake IMO.

Last edited:
Back