• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Roster Breakdowm

If I remember correctly, this was TC's first time playing PG full time. I'd feel much better with a PG who actually played PG especially since we're talking about a guy who was lightly touted.

Looking back, it was pretty sad that people were just expecting him to come in and lock down the PG position. Even sadder that our coaching staff was late to recruiting PGs for 2011 and 2012.

If I remember correctly, this was TC's first time playing PG full time. I'd feel much better with a PG who actually played PG especially since we're talking about a guy who was lightly touted.

Looking back, it was pretty sad that people were just expecting him to come in and lock down the PG position. Even sadder that our coaching staff was late to recruiting PGs for 2011 and 2012.

2011 sure. And we can argue where that blame falls, but ultimately it falls on the head coach. We'll see how Fields turns out. We locked up our 2012 PG pretty early though. Don't see how you could call us late there.

If you are a major college basketball player yet have failed by your freshman year to learn not to run straight out of bounds with the ball, or not to dribble it off your own appendages, then I don't think you're going to pick that up between your freshman and sophomore year. Those aren't problems relating to injury or conditioning in any way.

Why did people think Ari would learn this then?

2011 sure. And we can argue where that blame falls, but ultimately it falls on the head coach. We'll see how Fields turns out. We locked up our 2012 PG pretty early though. Don't see how you could call us late there.

I didn't realize Miller was THE 2012 PG. I thought he was being recruited as a combo with a true PG possibly to come later.

I didn't realize Miller was THE 2012 PG. I thought he was being recruited as a combo with a true PG possibly to come later.

Everything that I have seen online/in person indicates that CMM is THE PG for the 2012 class. He has all of the intangibles imo.

I think he was the full time PG for his high school team his Junior year. He moved over to SG primarily his senior year because he benefited the team more there (letting another D1 prospect play PG). He was still one of the primary ball handlers though and was always the play maker at the end of games.

He had a lot of trouble finishing around the rim last year, and his shots came up short. That's a direct result of lack of conditioning.

I didn't get that impression at all. He could probably play either guard position with his skills, but he's always been discussed here and elsewhere as a point guard, and I haven't seen anything to suggest we are looking for another PG in that class.

I didn't get that impression at all. He could probably play either guard position with his skills, but he's always been discussed here and elsewhere as a point guard, and I haven't seen anything to suggest we are looking for another PG in that class.

:werd:

I think he was the full time PG for his high school team his Junior year. He moved over to SG primarily his senior year because he benefited the team more there (letting another D1 prospect play PG). He was still one of the primary ball handlers though and was always the play maker at the end of games.

He had a lot of trouble finishing around the rim last year, and his shots came up short. That's a direct result of lack of conditioning.

Yup...that will come once he gets his legs back under him.

I'm going to say his poor shooting was more a result of his atrocious shooting form than conditioning. The lack of his PG instincts might have been more worrisome, as well as the overall lack of athleticism. It was very concerning to see him unable to beat BC's walk-on guard off the dribble the last two games of the season.

I'm going to say his poor shooting was more a result of his atrocious shooting form than conditioning. The lack of his PG instincts might have been more worrisome, as well as the overall lack of athleticism. It was very concerning to see him unable to beat BC's walk-on guard off the dribble the last two games of the season.

I think that it is a combination. I don't think he is a good 3 point shooter at all, but he can certainly finish layups better than he did last year.

Back