• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you sign your neg reps?

Is there a reason you chose not to sign some of them or is it just random?

Is there a reason you chose not to sign some of them or is it just random?

For which? It's definitely random for paws rep, though it usually involves a paws rep to a poster I know in real life.

For NGArep, I don't sign when I neg DV7 or other mods, but other than that there's no set rhyme or reason why I don't sign. Sometimes I just forget. Sometimes unsigned rep is really good for trolling someone.

I'd guess I sign 7 or 8 of ten neg reps.

I sign mine but don't give out much neg rep. I think twinben got hit by me once or twice for calling out someone's wife.

I don't think I've received more than one signed neg rep (of the many that I've gotten)

:foreveralone:

I have actually found that neg reps have taught me something about myself...I hate not being able to respond. I don't really care if someone does not like what I post (hell...I don't like most of it after I sober up) but I hate not being able to respond.

the only acceptable answer is "i don't give neg rep"

I didn't sign them at first because it never occurred to me that signing would be considered "normal" (thus my argument in favor of not having anonymous rep to begin with). After it became clear that most people signed them, I went with the flow and sign all reps now so long as I remember about it.

I still think it would be way better if you could just see who left you rep though. I'll never quite get the appeal of having a board with anonymous rep, but it's not my board and I lost that argument long ago. :thumbsup:

yes, but I have only given out two of them that I can recall and say as much in the thread

The fact that people get their panties in a wad enough to start threads about unsigned neg rep is enough reason in and of itself to leave unsigned neg rep.

I wish you could reply to all rep, even if the person issuing the rep remained anonymous. There is nothing worse than being negrepped for taking the lord's name in vain and not being able to mouth off to the person who gave it to you.

The fact that people get their panties in a wad enough to start threads about unsigned neg rep is enough reason in and of itself to leave unsigned neg rep.

My panties arn't really in a wad...I just received an unsigned neg rep and I really wanted to respond to it. It had me wondering how many people sign neg reps, then I started a thread. My threads are really just stream of consciousness.

Back