• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sox

All spring and today Crawford looks like he is over swinging at everything. He looks like he is trying too hard to show his worth. He needs to relax and he will start hitting better.

Listened to the Red Sox broadcast on the way home from work (WEI , I think). Anyway, the two guys were basically alternating innings to call the game. The "off guy" would maybe drop one line per inning. Is that how they usually broadcast?

Either way it reminded me how much I like not having to listen to idiot tv broadcasters blabbering on about everything except the game in front of them.

Was at the game. One of my wife's employees had tickets, but was unable to go! When she asked if I wanted to go to the Ranger's opener I said sure, not realizing the were playing Boston. I thought it was extremely cool seeing the Sox in person. Not a real big baseball fan, especially early in the season, but since both teams hate the Yankees it was win win for me.

Danny Bard sucks. Bad draft pick on my part. Kid just throws straight cheese. Straight and narrow.

Listened to the Red Sox broadcast on the way home from work (WEI , I think). Anyway, the two guys were basically alternating innings to call the game. The "off guy" would maybe drop one line per inning. Is that how they usually broadcast?

Either way it reminded me how much I like not having to listen to idiot tv broadcasters blabbering on about everything except the game in front of them.

Ya they (Joe Castiglione and Dave O'Brien or Jon Rish) are very low key. I have always enjoyed listening to them. It makes it hard to choose between them and the Rem Dog on NESN

Danny Bard sucks. Bad draft pick on my part. Kid just throws straight cheese. Straight and narrow.

Give it time man. For one he may be the closer in the not too near future. Beyond that, his stuff is normally dirt. His velocity was down yesterday and he was not painting corners like he normally does. Rough outing for him for sure, but the whole pitching staff looked a little tight. I think today will be a much better showing for Sox pitching.

161-1 is still in play :D

Loved what I saw out of Adrian Gonzalez yesterday. Not just his 3 RBI-- he also made a few good defensive scoops.

i'm hoping that lester and bard will be as dependable as they were last year and that yesterday's loss will be an atypical pitching day for them as the season progresses.

Let's get this shit together for game 2.

kristalackey03.jpg

Two-run HR by Ortiz. Sox up over Texas, 2-1, in the 2nd.

at least there is a yankees suck chant going on at this game...

Nothing better than looking at the standings, a couple of days into the new season, and seeing the Yankees 1.5 games up on the Red Sawx, with the Sawx down 7 runs in the 8th inning.

Nothing better than looking at the standings, a couple of days into the new season, and seeing the Yankees 1.5 games up on the Red Sawx, with the Sawx down 7 runs in the 8th inning.

fuuuufuuuufuuuu

^ what he said.

Carl Crawford still 0 for his Red Sox career. Way to make a good first impression big guy

I cant believe the Rangers ever got rid of Adrian Gonzalez. He should have been our next great 1B.

Back