• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

I did The Challenge this morning, it was fun. I think P-3 is going to be a really good maintenance routine - short workouts but really makes the most of the time. Like the 1-on-1 series but more structured.

I'm quite sore from The Challenge today and then had to go do CVX. That one is another good workout. Think of cardio moves, only with a dumbbell in your hand (10 lbs worked fine for me...he says not to go heavier than 12 lbs). I suspect I will be sore from this one too. Only one more workout left for the week, but very impressed so far. Definitely better than Shaun T's stuff.

Tony's programs to me are much better than Shaun's. I like Asylum but the P90x programs work the total body much better than Shaun plus Tony adds the workouts that give you the extra flexibility. BTW the free shipping on just the programs ends tomorrow and the Challenge pack price goes up on the first as well. They may extend it but as of noon I have not heard.

I ended up doing CVX this morning, as I figurerd this week would be tough to start the full schedule given the holiday so I will just bounce around and see what I like. Fun workout and I can definitely see the flexibility aspects of it. I went with a 8 lb medicine ball instead of the dumbbell and it worked well.

Tony's programs to me are much better than Shaun's. I like Asylum but the P90x programs work the total body much better than Shaun plus Tony adds the workouts that give you the extra flexibility. BTW the free shipping on just the programs ends tomorrow and the Challenge pack price goes up on the first as well. They may extend it but as of noon I have not heard.

There are extending the challenge pack special price through January, so that is saving for those who want to order that,

I tried The Warrior today, I think that was the hardest of P-3 so far. I would have liked for it to incorporate some pullups, but a great overall workout nonetheless.

I tried The Warrior today, I think that was the hardest of P-3 so far. I would have liked for it to incorporate some pullups, but a great overall workout nonetheless.
I am starting up mid January, need to finish the workout I am doing now first. It should be a fun time for the next three months. I have seen several post excellent results with P90x3.

shredded and about 10 years older.

I just finished the yoga. It's like they tried to fit a few too many moves into 30 min and you end up not really getting the full benefit. I think they could've taken a few out and still been ok.

The agility workout was a mess. Lots of mass confusion for me there.

I tried the yoga today. I agree that it was too much to cram into the short timeframe. The good news was that I didn't fall over like I would have if I had to hold some of those poses longer. And Stephanie was looking good. I assume Tony bangs her, as she is in a lot of their short Facebook clips.

What should the daily calorie intake be for the Bulk program in P90X3? I just don't want any of it to turn to fat.

Nearing the end of the 3rd week now. My complaints about yoga were premature. Yes, it is a lot to cram in, but by the 2nd week, I had gotten back most of the flexibility I had in the first P90X and subsequently lost with Insanity and T25.

The chicks in P90X3 are total spank bank material too, unlike Shaun T and his New York New Jersey trash that he has for eye candy.

Just finished that pull-up/push-up workout and I frigging love it and CVX the most. Serious pump-itude going on after that workout.

oh, I should add that I've gained 6 lbs since starting, but not in a good way (muscle) and not due to P90X3. I was on vacation for 2 weeks drinking beer daily. 1 1/2 of those 2 weeks was spent on the first part of P90X3. So basically, I have dug myself into a hole pretty early. My initial goal was to try and lost 5-10 lbs, which would be difficult enough. 10-15 lbs. is highly unlikely to happen, but I am going to stretch this to 120 days. I also think I'm going to start incorporating the old P90X ab workouts because this doesn't appear to have any ab-exclusive workouts incorporated into the regular routine.

I've ually liked the way this program incorporates abs throughout a lot of the workouts without the stand-alone ab ripper. I agree that the pushup/pullup is the most fun of the workouts so far. I'm loving the program as a whole - a great total-body program in a relatively short amount of time per day. That said, I don't think you start from scratch right into this program and get the same benefits. You need a good base in place to be able to handle a lot of the moves as designed.

I think the ab ripper x3 is in one of the higher cost packages. And the challenge was a beast of a workout lord that thing made my upper body jello

I'm in the transition week now. Today was isometrix, which is a bunch of balance shit that I am not a fan of at all.

Eccentric Upper today. Solid workout. Think of all the pushups, pullups, and dumbbell shit you did in the first phase and apply negative reps to them all. That is eccentric upper.

Are you still in the transition, or was that the first workout of Phase 2? I'm in the transition week now.

First workout of Phase 2. Transition week was pretty easy. The toughest workouts in transition were CVX, which you already have done, and either the 2nd or 3rd one, which is also a cardio workout. Mostly, it's a lot of stretching to give the muscles some recovery.

Triometrics. Lordy that sucked. Warrior 3 squats?! Are you frigging kidding me? That move is tough enough for me without incorporating squats into it.

Overall, what do you guys think of the product? I'm debating getting a membership at the y vs p 90 (totally different, I know)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The original or P90X3? The original is fantastic, I don't think you can easily duplicate the results without a trainer or some other set program (assuming you stick to it). I am loving P90X3 as well, though I think you need a decent level of fitness to handle it properly whereas anyone can push through the original with enough effort.

Back