• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

Have you done anything to prep for it, or are you going in cold? The workouts are short, but they are non-stop and intense. Maybe 1 or 2 minutes of break throughout the 30. I think trying to keep the pace is the most important part.
No, I'm going in cold turkey. I'm fully expecting to struggle making it through the first 5 minutes the first week. Its how I was with the original back in the day.

Yeah, that one is rough. Have you tried Eccentric Lower yet? After the first time it was honestly tough for me to walk the next day. I've actually stuck on Phase 2 for a couple additional weeks because I love the workouts so much. Think I will roll over to Phase 3 next week.

I have not gotten to that one yet. I think it is tomorrow. After I got through last night I told my wife that after two rounds of T25 there was nothing in that program that burned my legs like that.

No, I'm going in cold turkey. I'm fully expecting to struggle making it through the first 5 minutes the first week. Its how I was with the original back in the day.

The DOMS may break you... Be ready.

I'm a full week into the last phase. The Complex Upper and Lower workouts are not fun. Decelerator is no picnic either.

Since this is the only fitness thread, I'll post CrossFit related stuff here. The Open starts on Friday. Anyone else doing it?

3 more weeks till the original P90X is done, then vacation, then starting X3. Looking forward to it (if just for a change of pace)... Good to hear the positive reviews.

Yeah for me it is definitely the most fun (and probably toughest) workouts of the series. Just go absolutely nuts with resistance training for 30 minutes non-stop, and then you're done.

Definitely read the move descriptions in the guide that come with it before you start each workout. The pace is pretty quick, so you will want to maximize your effort instead of wasting it just trying to figure out what they are doing.

I am very sore today after triometrics and then yoga last night. Never quite felt the soreness in some areas. I am not a rookie with Beachbody programs so something is working me much different this week.

I have 2 weeks left until I hit my 90 days, then I'm going to do the Elite Block.

A bit of a recommendation... In the final month, they say you can do Complex Lower OR Total Synergistics. I picked Complex Lower because it's something new, but would recommend Total Synergistics simply because there is only one other workout that focuses on the upper body during the week. At least with TS, you get a it of everything and not just legs.

I actually didn't buy the extra 3 workouts, but they shipped with mine for whatever reason. Maybe because I purchased 2 P90X3s? Maybe because I bought in the first week? No idea.

That ab routine is on the the extra DVD.

I'm in the recovery week in the middle of the original insanity. the first week was really rough but got a little better as it went. kind of nervous/excited about the second half of the program. any advice from those who have been through it?

Just stick with it. Second phase is a bit different from the first and you'll be thrown out of your comfort zone initially on some things, but you'll get used to it. Just keep aiming to improve your form because he moves through those exercises pretty quickly and without explanation. Try to notice small details. They make a difference.

Bumping this bitch back up. I'm doing my second run through P90X3. I gained back a lot of the weight I had lost, and it all came back on different spots of my body. My beer gut is completely different than it used to be. Anyway, I'm firming up again, but mostly just at the top because I'm not minding the diet very much. I have added the X3 abs workout into my routine this week, though, so I hope to see a difference there in a month or so.

Back