• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

Ok. So my 2013 resolution is to lose 80 lbs, preferably by August. I'm going to go back and start P90x probably the 1st of February, which will give me the opportunity to do it twice before August 1st. I'm meeting with a nutritionist on Tuesday to set out a plan. Lets go!

I'd check out this site if you start getting aches and pains again: http://www.mobilitywod.com/

Most of that stuff can be worked out with some tissue work.

I'd check out this site if you start getting aches and pains again: http://www.mobilitywod.com/

Most of that stuff can be worked out with some tissue work.

Thanks for the link. My back spasms still haven't completely healed, so I'm going to try to work around it similar to what I did with my shoulder injury before.

which shit stain town in NC do you live in?

You know the answer to this, you've mailed me letters before.

Thanks for the link. My back spasms still haven't completely healed, so I'm going to try to work around it similar to what I did with my shoulder injury before.

You know the answer to this, you've mailed me letters before.

I cannot recall, but if you want to lose weight and there is one nearby, I'd recommend Flywheel spin classes.

it's an investment but you will sweat your ass off

good luck

Ok. So my 2013 resolution is to lose 80 lbs, preferably by August. I'm going to go back and start P90x probably the 1st of February, which will give me the opportunity to do it twice before August 1st. I'm meeting with a nutritionist on Tuesday to set out a plan. Lets go!

I think setting a Feb 1 start date is a bad way to begin. Start it tonight. The biggest roadblock for most people is simply making up reasons to delay getting into the routine. Not to sound like someone off the Biggest Loser, but the only way it works if if you fully incorporate your fitness into your life, not look at it as jamming it into a finite over-and-done-with period.

I think setting a Feb 1 start date is a bad way to begin. Start it tonight. The biggest roadblock for most people is simply making up reasons to delay getting into the routine. Not to sound like someone off the Biggest Loser, but the only way it works if if you fully incorporate your fitness into your life, not look at it as jamming it into a finite over-and-done-with period.

Agree with this. I just restarted P90X on December 31st. For a while I thought why not wait until after New Years, or after a few league basketball games so I don't suck out loud when I can barely run down the court after my first Plyo day... But the truth is there's never a good time to do something that difficult and time-consuming. Also, P90X for 6 months straight? That would be brutal, both in how repetitive it would be and how much time and effort it takes.

I set Feb 1st as my target date because I wanted to meet with the nutritionist first, and it'd also give me a few weeks to run on the treadmill to get my stamina up before I started. Outside of physical labor at the FD and work around the house, I've not exercised in at least 8 months.

I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if running on a treadmill for a few weeks would noticeably increase your stamina for those workouts. As far as the nutritionist, just don't eat fast food, soda, or desert from today until you meet with him/her. That should get you through that week or so. I personally think it is best to just jump in the pool all at once.

I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if running on a treadmill for a few weeks would noticeably increase your stamina for those workouts. As far as the nutritionist, just don't eat fast food, soda, or desert from today until you meet with him/her. That should get you through that week or so. I personally think it is best to just jump in the pool all at once.

interval running would help though

Yeah. If you can do 3 pullups and 15 pushups and could jog a mile if you had to - I'd just start. What else is there to do in January anyway? When the awesome April weather comes around it gets a lot harder to dedicate an hour and half 6 days a week to working out inside.

Sent you a PM with a suggestion to contact a FD Captain in my workout group. Best of luck with which ever way you go.

I went to the gym 5 days/week for a few months before I started P90X. It was necessary to improve my stamina because I didn't want to have to halfass it through any of the P90X. I'd say that getting his wind up before he starts it is not a bad idea at all. 30 min on some kind of cardio machine and a bit of light lifting is what I did. Plus in building up your stamina, you are also getting into the habit of a workout schedule, which is something you need for P90X. That also negates the argument that putting it off is a bad thing. If you put it off but develop a different workout routine, then you're still in the habit of working out and will be fine. Also, you don't just "start today" on P90X. You have to figure out what day is best to start in order to be working out for the next 6 days. I started on a Monday so I could take Sundays off.

I'm far, far from a fitness expert. But am now a not-so-proud fat guy. I tried P90X maybe two years ago and I was nowhere near in good enough shape to do it. My two cents, and obviously take this FWIW, is to start with as much cardio as you can do for a week (might be ten minutes) and up it a couple of minutes every week or two. 10-20 minutes a day is great place to start IMO.

The first time I did P90X, I spent a week doing the the workouts about 50%. I did like half of the plyo, half the weights, etc. It was enough to get used to some of the work outs but not completely kick my ass before really starting.

I started Insanity this week (actually, last week, but got sick the day after I started so I re-started this week). Holy shit it sucks balls. Like P90X Plyo on steroids and sped up by about a factor of 10. It must be working though, because I find that I'm hungry as shit all the time. Thank God the workouts are shorter. The warmup alone is usually enough to wear me out.

I'm just finishing week two of Insanity. Shit is real. I will be ripped if I can keep it up for another six weeks. It makes me feel better that even the super ripped people in the videos start falling out at like the 32nd minute.

Shaun T is a big gay workout machine.

Shaun T's tshirts is too small in the informercial.

If I looked like this I would never wear a shirt.

shaun-t-asylum.jpg

I started Insanity this week (actually, last week, but got sick the day after I started so I re-started this week). Holy shit it sucks balls. Like P90X Plyo on steroids and sped up by about a factor of 10. It must be working though, because I find that I'm hungry as shit all the time. Thank God the workouts are shorter. The warmup alone is usually enough to wear me out.
You aren't kidding. I'm almost done with week 2 right now and I can tell a big difference already its pretty crazy. I'm pumped to see how much better I do on the fit test I feel like I can do a lot better than I did. Are you going along with the diet plan that they suggest?
I'm just finishing week two of Insanity. Shit is real. I will be ripped if I can keep it up for another six weeks. It makes me feel better that even the super ripped people in the videos start falling out at like the 32nd minute.

Shaun T is a big gay workout machine.
Ya my goal is to make it thru all the warm-ups without having to take a rest :p I'm already getting pretty ripped as is one of my friends and I are in a race to summer "Fit Contest" and she was saying she was winning till I sent her a picture. I took a SS when she said I was winning haha

and hell if I was Shaun T I'd walk around w/o a shirt too

Don't know if this will help people but; So far I've found a few things out.
1)Take weekly before and after pictures and post them up where you can see them.
2)Eat 5-6 meals a day, pretty key from what I've seen so far. I have a lot more energy throughout the day
3)Copy or print out the workout calendar and physcial mark down the days you finish.

1/3 are for added motivation, seeing as I usually get up at 5:50am to do everything before class I need a lil extra to get me up and going.

Back