• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

Yeah, Pure Cardio...

I wish I had written down my numbers from the first fit test because I feel like I made vast improvement between the 1st and 2nd.

Switch Kicks: 139
Power Jacks: 58
Power Knees: 90
Power Jumps 50
Globe Jumps 10
Suicide Jumps 18
Push up Jacks: 36
Low Plank Oblique 35 sets

The last one is a bit weird because I don't know if you were supposed to count a set as one or one as one so it's either 35 or 70...I started counting them individually and then around 3 or 4 I started counting in sets...so my final number was 38 and I subtracted a few. I also neglected to do them on my mat so I got carpet burn on my elbows.

Big improvement came on switch kicks (it was first so I wasn't tired and I didn't pace myself) and power jumps. Power knees is all a rhythm thing. The Asian girl in that video does them like crazy. She also does her power jumps in bursts of about 4-5, then rests.

I am guessing that the first week my numbers were very similar to yours, so it is probably good that I didn't write the numbers down or I might have limited myself once I passed my previous numbers. Next time try not remember or check your previous numbers and just go through it. Write them on a separate sheet of paper and then onto the poster with the other numbers. My day 15 numbers were very close to the two kids in the video, and I think ahead of them in some cases.
only one that you should count 2 reps as 1 is Switch kicks everything else besides Globe jumps is 1-1

And that's pretty good idea next fit test I'll have to make sure I just keep where my old goals were out of sight

I am just finishing up a second round of Insanity. I have had the best success when counting calories using MyFitnessPal along with it. Get a heart-rate monitor and see how many you are burning during the workouts.

Anyone done Les Mills Combat?

I've used myfitnesspal in the past when doing p90x, thought it was a great app.

Female friend of mine teaches a bunch of the les mills classes. She is petite but ripped.

Yeah, Pure Cardio...

I wish I had written down my numbers from the first fit test because I feel like I made vast improvement between the 1st and 2nd.

Switch Kicks: 139
Power Jacks: 58
Power Knees: 90
Power Jumps 50
Globe Jumps 10
Suicide Jumps 18
Push up Jacks: 36
Low Plank Oblique 35 sets

The last one is a bit weird because I don't know if you were supposed to count a set as one or one as one so it's either 35 or 70...I started counting them individually and then around 3 or 4 I started counting in sets...so my final number was 38 and I subtracted a few. I also neglected to do them on my mat so I got carpet burn on my elbows.

Big improvement came on switch kicks (it was first so I wasn't tired and I didn't pace myself) and power jumps. Power knees is all a rhythm thing. The Asian girl in that video does them like crazy. She also does her power jumps in bursts of about 4-5, then rests.
I am guessing that the first week my numbers were very similar to yours, so it is probably good that I didn't write the numbers down or I might have limited myself once I passed my previous numbers. Next time try not remember or check your previous numbers and just go through it. Write them on a separate sheet of paper and then onto the poster with the other numbers. My day 15 numbers were very close to the two kids in the video, and I think ahead of them in some cases.

That AZN wants it, and I'm going to give it to her.

only one that you should count 2 reps as 1 is Switch kicks everything else besides Globe jumps is 1-1

And that's pretty good idea next fit test I'll have to make sure I just keep where my old goals were out of sight

I'm actually thinking all of them are counted individually (except Globe Jumps). Both people had 100+ switch kicks, I think. There is no way they both did 100 sets.

But yeah, I figured you must've counted yours as sets because I noticed my number was a real outlier in comparison.

Is there a difference between the Plyo Cardio Cicruit and the Cardio Circuit workouts? The schedule goes back and forth between the two different names, but the only DVD I have with that title is the Plyo Cardio Circuit. Am I missing a DVD?

Confirmed on my schedule that it is a typo and should say Plyometric in front of Cardio Circuit

I'm actually thinking all of them are counted individually (except Globe Jumps). Both people had 100+ switch kicks, I think. There is no way they both did 100 sets.

But yeah, I figured you must've counted yours as sets because I noticed my number was a real outlier in comparison.
lol by the time I was done with that one I wasn't really listening to what their numbers were xD but ya I counted them as a set. Just what I started doing since the sheet did say that so I've been keeping it up like that.

So question? IF you do use myfitnesspal what do you do for the Insanity workouts? As in how do you count them etc?

I have a heart-rate monitor that I wear when working out (Polar) and it gives you your calorie burn. I just enter that in under the cardiovascular section on MFP. It subtracts it off of your allowable calories. If you don't have a monitor, MFP will estimate the number of calories burned based on the length of the workout. It is fairly conservative based on my personal experience (estimates are lower than what my monitor shows)

lol by the time I was done with that one I wasn't really listening to what their numbers were xD but ya I counted them as a set. Just what I started doing since the sheet did say that so I've been keeping it up like that.

So question? IF you do use myfitnesspal what do you do for the Insanity workouts? As in how do you count them etc?

holy ish Max Interval Circuit is no joke. I think I made a mistake doing the fit test and it back to back but kinda what I had to do with my schedule :eek: Pic of my workout sheet so far. I took your advice and just wrote down my reps on a separate sheet instead of having my main sheet there. I think it did helped to push me a lot harder since I couldn't look right there and see what I had done previously.
image-1_zpsfe404c62.jpg

nice work! Yeah, I just finished up my fit test and am resting a bit before I start the MAX stuff.

My 3rd fitness test results were similar to yours in that there was little overall improvement off my 2nd test except in power jumps. I really think I've kind of maxed out everything, or have come close to it. I lost track in globe jumps, but I may have actually done worse this time (by 1) since it was right after power jumps. Everything else but power jumps were about the same or slightly better. Power knees improved by 20, so I guess that's pretty good (I do switch knees when I hit 50 of those-- not sure if that's cheating or not). Power jumps were off the charts at 72. No way I can do many more than that.

Fit Test 4 kind of echoes the last one...here are my consolidated numbers from FT2/FT3/FT4 (I didn't write down my numbers for FT1)...

Switch Kicks: 139/142/141
Power Jacks: 58/61/60
Power Knees: 90/110/113
Power Jumps 50/72/84
Globe Jumps 10/9-10/10-11
Suicide Jumps 18/18/20
Push up Jacks: 36/42/48
Low Plank Oblique 70/80/80 (adjusted from sets to individual moves)

Am really surprised that I improved on the power jumps number again. 72 was ridiculous enough. 84 is absurd. That one is really a lot about rhythm. Once you get in a rhythm, the toughest thing to do is not mess up your count.

Power knees this time was the first time I didn't switch my knees at 50. They stay on one knee so I did too. Pretty much the same result, only a few better since I didn't waste time switching.

Push-up jacks is the only place I see room for much improvement, but I don't think it will be forthcoming.

Overall, the thing I've noticed most is an improvement in form (especially the low planks where I'm able to keep my butt down) due to an increase in core strength and stamina.

Two more weeks of this shit and I'm done.

Great work! This is my last week of Insanity which of course falls directly in the middle of my block exams :cliffs: so my diet def took a slight hit this past week or so. But I'm looking forward to Sat when I finish the program. I think my plan once I finish this week is to have an off week of core cardio and balence and then restart the program once I get on Spring Break My FT4 results were:
SK: 130
Power Jacks: 53
Power Knees: 80
Power Jumps: 52
Globe Jumps: 9
Suicide Jumps: 19
Push Up Jacks: 32
Low Plank Obliques: 62

Today was it! The last fitness test and knowing this I really attempted to bust my ass. It wasn't too difficult considering it was my only workout of the day. Apart from the always hated Globe Jumps, I had big improvement on most everything. I made a point not to stop on Power Jumps and absolutely obliterated that mark. Consolidated numbers below for FT2, 3, 4, and 5. Again, I neglected to write down my FT1 numbers.

Switch Kicks: 139/142/141/154
Power Jacks: 58/61/60/65
Power Knees: 90/110/113/120
Power Jumps 50/72/84/107
Globe Jumps 10/9-10/10-11/10-11
Suicide Jumps 18/18/20/22
Push up Jacks: 36/42/48/52
Low Plank Oblique 70/80/80/118

So glad this is over, but will probably still thrown on some of the DVDs over the coming weeks because there are good workouts on there. I just don't want to have to do them every day and, with apologies to Shaun T., he just isn't entertaining like Tony Horton.

Starting my 2nd round of Insanity, so far I can tell a big difference b/w the first time I went thru the workouts and now. For one I do think I'm a lot more flexibile and my core is a lot stronger. Still improving on my marks overall so i can't complain to much. Friggin destroyed SK this past round knocking out 160, think I could have gotten more but I tweaked my ankle or something so I had to take a small pause

nice work on switch kicks...it must've been a really short pause because I honestly can't see doing many more than 160

So after finishing a round of Insanity, for about the last month I've made up my own 4-day M T Th F routine of 2 P90X workouts and 2 Insanity workouts. I'm definitely enjoying it, as it is only 4 days so feels more like maintenance, but I'm getting some legit results from it relative to each of the programs individually.

yeah I've been hitting the gym trying to use up all those personal training sessions I bought before I started P90X and then went to Insanity. Afterwards, I'll probably do some kind of combo of both, if not all three. I found myself doing all that I could remember of the P90X ab routine at the gym yesterday. I like the P90X ab routine better than the Insanity one.

Back