• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

yeah I've been hitting the gym trying to use up all those personal training sessions I bought before I started P90X and then went to Insanity. Afterwards, I'll probably do some kind of combo of both, if not all three. I found myself doing all that I could remember of the P90X ab routine at the gym yesterday. I like the P90X ab routine better than the Insanity one.

ya I do think the P90x ab workout is better for getting a 6pk on faster. The Insanity is still geared more to cardio but its gettin me pretty ripped so I'm not complaining lol.

Well for me the results are pretty dam good, I was up to 173 start of Jan, I'm now bouncing b/w 157-162 or so. Which considering I'm not really following the diet plan b/c of med school I will take. I've gotten that classic V back and my abs are getting pretty cut. This summer I'm planning on doing a dual workout, insanity in the morning and then hit the gym with my buddies so I get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Results were good for me. A diet change to something reasonable was the biggest step for me, as was actually having a workout regimen. I lost 10 lbs super quick, and then another 5 over the next 5 weeks from just going to the gym. With P90X I lost about another 8-10, and with Insanity another 5 (by then there was less to burn off). I went from about 178-180 to 150, which is where I wanted to be. I know that sounds like a lot, but it happened over a period of 2 months at the gym, 3 months of P90X, and 2 more months of Insanity. Basically, it took 7+ months.

Just started Insanity...on week three..saw nice improvement from the first week fit test to the third week. I have done a couple rounds of p90x. This feels like much more work..today was pure cardio and I feel like someone is running a faucet of sweat over my head by the end. Biggest difference between p90x and Insanity is I can feel my core getting stronger much faster than I did with p90x. I have dropped 16 pounds and I know I could lose more but I don't want to change my diet. I work out so I can eat or drink all the fries, beer, doritos, gummi bears or whatever else I might be craving. Ironically I am well aware as I munch away on a bag of doritos Shaun T is going to kick my ass for it tomorrow.

I'm on Day 46 of Insanity right now--my first time doing it, so I'm still working my way into shape (multiple short breaks still required). I've lost about 10 pounds so far. I figure I'll do another round again after this one.

I have to say, doing P90X but not letting it kick my ass quite as hard as the normal schedule (i.e. I probably have averaged 3.5-4 workouts per week since late February) has been much more enjoyable than doing the program hardcore. I've done it twice in the past and while I had great results both times, there was definitely that workout burnout once I finished, where I would just be a lazy bastard for a month or 2 (or more) afterwards. I'm on week 9 or so right now, and I'm down 14 lbs, so I'm quite happy with the results. Going to win a weightloss bet too and net $300 off my friends. Suck it losers.

I should add I'm not following the P90X diet plan, since it's not particularly easy for me since I'm allergic to a lot of things that are very good for you due to my latex allergy (for instance, bananas and avocados are somehow related to latex), but using myfitnesspal has helped me figure out how to limit my calorie intake quite effectively while still getting a lot of protein/fiber/etc.

I will say that I am getting f'ing jacked from the P90X/Insanity combo. Moreso than from either program individually, and with less workouts. I'm doing Insanity on Mon and Thurs and P90X (resistence only) on Tues and Fri. So far so good.

I will say that I am getting f'ing jacked from the P90X/Insanity combo. Moreso than from either program individually, and with less workouts. I'm doing Insanity on Mon and Thurs and P90X (resistence only) on Tues and Fri. So far so good.

2&2, which hybrid are you doing? I've been thinking about going on to do one of those, but I think I'm going to do at least another half-round of Insanity first. I've got one week left to complete this round of Insanity--definitely seeing results, but I want to do a combo with P90X to add some more muscle mass going forward.

Just something I made up myself. For the first month I did Monday - Insanity Plyo Cardio; Tuesday - P90X Chest & Back; Thursday - Insanity Pure Cardio; Friday - P90X Shoulders/Bis/Tris. Second month is Monday - Insanity Max Plyo; Tuesday - P90X Chest/Shoulders/Tris; Thursday - Insanity Max Cardio; Friday - P90X Back & Biceps.

I haven't figured out which exercise it is yet, but one of the Insantity discs makes my back very sore for the rest of the week. Probably all of them. Finishing week four tomorrow.

Just something I made up myself. For the first month I did Monday - Insanity Plyo Cardio; Tuesday - P90X Chest & Back; Thursday - Insanity Pure Cardio; Friday - P90X Shoulders/Bis/Tris. Second month is Monday - Insanity Max Plyo; Tuesday - P90X Chest/Shoulders/Tris; Thursday - Insanity Max Cardio; Friday - P90X Back & Biceps.

Something like that might work for me--I've got a group of guys that want to start playing pickup hoops once or twice a week, and I could do something like this with hoops mixed in.

You should be about done with Insanity by now. How did it go for you?

Also, my brother got to do something really cool last week and meet and workout with Tony Horton. The workout they did is one that will be in the soon to be released P90X3 that is coming out. Look for it around November.

Also, my brother got to do something really cool last week and meet and workout with Tony Horton. The workout they did is one that will be in the soon to be released P90X3 that is coming out. Look for it around November.

I've kinda floundered mid second month due to a major home rennovation, but so far I'm down 12 lbs and feel a lot better.

I've kinda floundered mid second month due to a major home rennovation, but so far I'm down 12 lbs and feel a lot better.

Well that's great. Finish it up, take a bit of time off, then do it again all the way through. It's too easy to be distracted or "floundered" during the second month when it really gets tough.

Awesome, I didn't realize they were coming out with 3. Now I know what to ask for for Christmas.

So is your brother in the video itself, or they were just doing one of the workouts that will be in video?

I finished in June. I am taking a break for now and running around 12-15 miles a week to help keep in shape. The last two weeks of insanity were brutal and I think I just burned out working out six days a week. Once it gets too cold or too dark to run, I will probably start up again.

Back