• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

I've kinda floundered mid second month due to a major home rennovation, but so far I'm down 12 lbs and feel a lot better.

Well that's great. Finish it up, take a bit of time off, then do it again all the way through. It's too easy to be distracted or "floundered" during the second month when it really gets tough.

I finished in June. I am taking a break for now and running around 12-15 miles a week to help keep in shape. The last two weeks of insanity were brutal and I think I just burned out working out six days a week. Once it gets too cold or too dark to run, I will probably start up again.

Yeah what started killing me halfway through month 2 was the fact that I wasn't doing anything with friends anymore because 6 nights a week was causing me to have to cancel on things and our house reno literally has our roof being ripped off, walls moving etc. so I don't really have a place to do it right now. Trying to get back into it tonight though, might have to just use my laptop and find a spot somewhere.

Almost through T25 Shaun T's new workout. I really like it and the speed it runs at. During the summer I tried to spend more time outside so 45- 60 minutes is not the best plan so T25 has been an awesome addition to my rotation. Late September I will start back with a P90x2 round again.

T25 is 25 minute workouts, no breaks. They are 5 days a week for 5 weeks in each phase Alpha and Beta which an additional pack you can buy for the Gamma phase. I got mine in June at Beachbody's SUmmit conference and was able to do a live workout of it with Shaun T while there. To me it fits a faster schedule and for someone who is in good shape is an excellent maintenance program. No real warm up and the stretching is at the end.

Have you done many of Shaun T's workouts??

That T25 looks pretty good. I like how it focuses on individual groups, something Insanity really didn't do. Unfortunately, it means putting up with the humorless Shaun T for another 5 weeks.

That T25 looks pretty good. I like how it focuses on individual groups, something Insanity really didn't do. Unfortunately, it means putting up with the humorless Shaun T for another 5 weeks.

Well really 10 weeks. Smaller workout team, only four people plus Shaun in this group. The trainers at Beachbody seem to evolve a lot with there workouts, P90x3 will be interesting when it is released.

T25 is 25 minute workouts, no breaks. They are 5 days a week for 5 weeks in each phase Alpha and Beta which an additional pack you can buy for the Gamma phase. I got mine in June at Beachbody's SUmmit conference and was able to do a live workout of it with Shaun T while there. To me it fits a faster schedule and for someone who is in good shape is an excellent maintenance program. No real warm up and the stretching is at the end.

Have you done many of Shaun T's workouts??

Just Insanity, but I regularly incorproate them into my maintenance workout weeks. How is the intensity as compared to Insanity? Sounds like it could be a good maintenance alternative.

Just Insanity, but I regularly incorproate them into my maintenance workout weeks. How is the intensity as compared to Insanity? Sounds like it could be a good maintenance alternative.
Pretty comparable to Pure Cardio workout in month one of Insanity. The first phase has Speed 1.0, Cardio, Total Body, Lower Body focus, an abs intervals and a stretch, Beta phase: Speed 2.0, Core Cardio, Ripin Circuit, Upper Body Focus and Dynamic core. plus an extra video when brought through a coach. I do not have the Gamma phase DVDs but have heard there will be a delta phase sometime next year. It requires a little repetition to master some of the timing of the moves. Shaun and the girl up front not doing the modifications move like dancers. I had to focus on the white guy in the back with no dance moves to get some moves down pat.

Thanks. Pure Cardio is probably my favorite of the Insanity workouts ("yo that shit is bananas"), so I think I will give T25 a shot.

I've got T25 but haven't started yet. I bruised the shit out of my big toe yesterday (it is all kinds of purple today), so I'm going to have to let that get better before I start it.

I've got T25 but haven't started yet. I bruised the shit out of my big toe yesterday (it is all kinds of purple today), so I'm going to have to let that get better before I start it.

Very wise and you may want to start the first week doing the modifiers. You will still feel it just a little less stress.

Going to start up Insanity again here shortly. Now that I'm back in school I'm taking swim conditioning to help out so I'm thinking some type of hybrid of doing insanity the days that I don't have swim conditioning and use the class as my workout when I have it.

Well I just finished my 4th day of T25 and so far I'm pretty unimpressed. The Total Body workout is the best one so far, but the others are very (wait for it...) meh. Ab workout is ok-- better than Insanity's. The Speed workout is just stupid with all those hip hop abs moves or whatever he throws in there. And once again, it seems that he focuses a lot more on leg/calf stuff. Granted, my calves and shins are hard as rocks after Insanity, but he needs to have more upper body stuff. Also, while he did a good job of explaining some things in the first workout, he has gone back to his, "OK this, and now this, and now this," method of teaching. Granted, there are no breaks so he kind of has to, but articulation is not one of his strong suits. I'm going to finish this week and, if still unimpressed, will do another week of this and then hop into the second phase after 2 weeks instead of 5 weeks. That one is supposed to push you more and appears to have a workout devoted to the upper body.

That having been said, if I hadn't already done Insanity and hadn't been keeping up with it somewhat by doing an Insanity workout 2/3 times/week, this would probably be a very good workout.

Just did the first T25 workout--took a summer break after Insanity (x2) and haven't worked out since late June. It was definitely strenuous enough to get me sweating heavily. I dropped 20 lbs doing Insanity without any crazy diet changes and only gained about 2 lbs back over the summer. My goal is to drop about 10 more in advance of the holidays and stress eating/drinking that will necessarily come with another season of Bzzball.

If you haven't done any working out since June, it'll get you back in the flow rather quickly. You have the Speed workout tomorrow. LOL is all I'll say to that one. Hope you have some rhythm.

I am starting my 4th week on it tonight.

ok just noticed something about T25 that I hadn't noticed before and that I gather is a big positive. Last week was the first time the full body focus (the best workout by far, IMO, so far) happened twice in the same week. I thought it was an anomaly, but it isn't. This week is the same, and then next week it happens 3 times before phase 2 kicks in. That tells me that there will be more of a full body focus in phase 2.

Has anyone tried P90x2? Thinking of trying it for a change of pace. I'm either going to do that or maybe P90x

P90X 3 is about to come out. I think people in this thread said that P90X 2 was kind of a money grab. Can't go wrong with P90X though. I can't recommend that highly enough, assuming you have the time and energy for it. Fantastic regimen.

Has anyone tried P90x2? Thinking of trying it for a change of pace. I'm either going to do that or maybe P90x

Yeah a lot my original posts on this thread were about P90X2. It is good, but more of a maintenance program than building anything. As ELC says, you can't go wrong with the original. I still do several of the workouts from the original series each week. I will by 3 though, if nothing else to try the variety. None of their workouts are bad, it is just different levels of good. I always get my money's worth out of them.

P90x3 coming out in December. Not a graduate program but has workouts from the first two but everything is only 30 minutes, nothing longer. Expected by around December 10th. I think 2 is awesome with its focus on functional fitness and more correlation between the workouts. I am excited to see what 3 brings. When I finish this round of T25 I am going to squeeze in a month of p90x/p90x2 workouts to get ready for p90x3.

Back