• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

Not sure I understand ... so is it just a remix of workouts from the first two in a shortened format?

Has anyone tried P90x2? Thinking of trying it for a change of pace. I'm either going to do that or maybe P90x

x2 is just a different animal. A lot of times in x2 you'll hear "well, you got good at X, so now we give you Y." Which usually means instead of doing pushups, you're doing pushups on med balls. Instead of doing presses, you're doing them on a balance ball. It talks a lot about core and performance - to me it meant combining a lot of balance with strength exercises. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's just too damn hard to do.

Then again, Plyocide and the new Yoga are improvements over the original in my opinion, and Kenpo getting axed makes sense. The newer ab ripper is a step backward I think.

Personally I think the original p90x is better for a normal person unless you're sick of it and looking for the next thing.

Not sure I understand ... so is it just a remix of workouts from the first two in a shortened format?

More of a program for those who can't or won't commit to the hour format of the original. From what I understand no breaks and it moves very quickly. I have a buddy that has the preview video I will ask him more about it.

I finished the first phase of T25 yesterday. Looking forward to seeing what the second 5 weeks brings.

----------
Tapatalk.

Ok thanks yall for the sake of time I'm going to go with insanity and mix in some p90x I'm trying to get ripped fast for Halloween

I frigging hated Speed 1.0. It was a bunch of dance moves that weren't designed for this white boy.

Did the beta cardio this morning. It is definitely a step up, but one of those that I think will be one of the easier workouts now that I've done it. Really looking forward to the Upper Focus and the Ripped Circuit or whatever it is, though I'll probably have to be a pussy and use resistance bands.

ok, yeah that was a bitch. Easily the toughest cardio workout yet amongst P90X, Insanity, and T25. I will say this, though...I could hear the music better in 2.0 so it was easier to keep the rhythm (or find it when you inevitably lose it from being gassed or uncoordinated). In 1.0, you couldn't hear the music at all, and if you changed the settings to make the music louder, you couldn't hear Shaun T.

Oh, and no I don't have the extra DVD.

I frigging hated Speed 1.0. It was a bunch of dance moves that weren't designed for this white boy.

Did the beta cardio this morning. It is definitely a step up, but one of those that I think will be one of the easier workouts now that I've done it. Really looking forward to the Upper Focus and the Ripped Circuit or whatever it is, though I'll probably have to be a pussy and use resistance bands.

I have to look at the white boy in the back corner who has no rhythm and follow him. Sometimes the extra white guy in the husband of the girl doing the modifications. I cannot follow Shaun, the white girl or the guy named Scott who is in every video. Scott btw is "married to a person in the videos as well".

ok, yeah that was a bitch. Easily the toughest cardio workout yet amongst P90X, Insanity, and T25. I will say this, though...I could hear the music better in 2.0 so it was easier to keep the rhythm (or find it when you inevitably lose it from being gassed or uncoordinated). In 1.0, you couldn't hear the music at all, and if you changed the settings to make the music louder, you couldn't hear Shaun T.

Oh, and no I don't have the extra DVD.

Th extra DVD is much more difficult and is arranged the same as Speed 2.0. I do not have the Gamma DVDs but I understand they kick butt.

I have to look at the white boy in the back corner who has no rhythm and follow him. Sometimes the extra white guy in the husband of the girl doing the modifications. I cannot follow Shaun, the white girl or the guy named Scott who is in every video. Scott btw is "married to a person in the videos as well".

I believe it's Shaun to whom Scott is married...

Last edited:
Disappointed in the Rip't Circuit workout. That's the one that replaces Total Body Circuit from alpha and it's actually easier. Like, a lot easier. Easiest workout yet.

ok the Dynamic Core workout didn't do much for me either. Ab Intervals from alpha was probably more difficult. Looking forward to the Upper Focus tomorrow though.

Well week 2 of doing my hybrid workout seems to be doing well. Tues/Thurs I'm in swim conditioning, other days I'm doing Insanity, Mon/Wed/Fri Ab ripperX in addition to the Insanity workouts and p90x2 yoga in place of the recovery dvd

Anyone tried Shakeology? I want to go with that or some other meal replacement for breakfast. If not Shakeology, anything you guys particularly like?

Anyone tried Shakeology? I want to go with that or some other meal replacement for breakfast. If not Shakeology, anything you guys particularly like?

I really like OhYeah! shakes. To me they taste a lot better than most other shakes and have really high protein levels. They don't have that chalky taste. Plus, they are a local Charlotte company. I prefer the Cookies & Cream and Vanilla flavors the best, the Strawberry and Banana flavors are a little too sweet. Chocolate is okay. I'll usually go with one of them plus a Nutrigrain bar for breakfast.

http://www.ohyeahnutrition.com/

Did the Shaekology thing for a while. It's extremely expensive, but that's because there's nothing like it on the market (or at least there wasn't - not sure about now).

Only liked the Chocolate flavor, and even then it was only decent if you made it with ice, skim milk, and some kind of extra - generally a banana or some peanut butter. If you just want protein there are plenty of other options, but as a meal replacement crammed full of good-for-you shit I couldn't find anything like it.

If the price doesn't bother you it's worth a try.

I drink Shakeology everyday single day and have not missed a day (with few exceptions) for almost three years. My whole family enjoys it and I find it a great meal replacement mostly to get the nutrients I needed. WE were buying so much I enrolled as a coach to get the 25% discount and have been able to sell enough bags a month to get mine paid for. Since I am a life long Type 1 diabetic I am very particular on what I eat and this helps my blood sugar as well as anything I have tried.

Back