• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

OK after the first listen, I think the only song that challenges "Marathon Runner" for best track is "Up in the Mountains."

Prolly gonna listen the rest of the day now. Thanks a lot cookout, I spent like 20 minutes making a playlist this morning, and now I won't even listen to it :p

Stars of the Lid type afternoon for me. Doing their last three studio albums:

Avec Laudenum
The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid
Stars of the Lid and the Refinement of their Decline (has perhaps my favorite song title of all time, "Dopamine Clouds over Craven Cottage")

Queued up for today: White Rabbits - 'Milk Famous' x 2 and 'It's Frightening' x 2. Then Tennis - 'Cape Dory' x 2 and 'Young and Old' x 2. Trying to get ready for White Rabbits/Tennis tomorrow night at Black Cat.

Will also be throwing on Yellow Ostrich in between... just because I can't help myself.

A lot of really good albums dropped today.

However, I am listening to albums from the 2000s .

Got:

Arcade Fire - Funeral
Keith Fullerton Whitman - Lisbon
Radiohead - Kid A, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows

All albums I've heard dozens of times, but I'm trying to find a way to rank them.

Queued up for today: White Rabbits - 'Milk Famous' x 2 and 'It's Frightening' x 2. Then Tennis - 'Cape Dory' x 2 and 'Young and Old' x 2. Trying to get ready for White Rabbits/Tennis tomorrow night at Black Cat.

Will also be throwing on Yellow Ostrich in between... just because I can't help myself.

Always confuse White Rabbits - It's Frightening with Frightened Rabbit. Also, Cape Dory >>> Young and Old, but Petition might be my favorite Tennis song yet. YOU LUCKY BRO. That show should be fun. Tennis chick can straight BELT IT for a small frame.

A lot of really good albums dropped today.

However, I am listening to albums from the 2000s .

Got:

Arcade Fire - Funeral
Keith Fullerton Whitman - Lisbon
Radiohead - Kid A, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows

All albums I've heard dozens of times, but I'm trying to find a way to rank them.

Fail. I've just listened to Lisbon on repeat.

I'm a sucker for motivational songs to start the day

I've been creating a playlist with the original song followed immediately by the song(s) that sample the original. It's fun debating the use of the sample, which is the better song etc.

Back