• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

The Black Keys.

I got to see the Black Keys open for Beck about 10 years ago. It feels like yesterday. Best show I've ever seen. I'd never heard of them and they so casually put their own equipment together then absolutely rocked the place. Now they play MSG.

I got to see the Black Keys open for Beck about 10 years ago. It feels like yesterday. Best show I've ever seen. I'd never heard of them and they so casually put their own equipment together then absolutely rocked the place. Now they play MSG.

Me and RedSoxFaithful are going to see them on Saturday in Charlotte. I wish I could have seen them before their arena days.

It was dumb luck, I got to see them when I did. I've seen them recently and they're still awesome live. Have Fun!

Nils Frahm - Felt

to start the morning. Trying to go through 2011 albums I missed.

More in this vein:

The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond this World
Walls - Coracle
Tycho - Dive

Continuing on with MOAR AMBIENT

Ryan Teague - Field Drawings
Alva Noto - Univrs
Nest - Body Pilot

The Killers - Hot Fuss; Sam's Town
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights; Antics

to start my morning
Interpol was my study music Jr/Sr years of college. I put together an Interpol YouTube playlist and my work productivity has skyrocketed...so thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup: (and yeah the coda on PDA rocks)

The only problem is I can't listen to Interpol for pleasure. Whenever I try, I'm haunted with library/study room flashbacks.

The Shins - Port of Morrow. First listen.

First two songs are pretty solid. 3&4 really suck. Same for 5&6.

Last edited:
still on the ambient kick. going back to some mid-00s stuff here:

Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Love is a Stream
Tim Hecker - Harmony in Ultraviolet
Fennesz - Venice

going backwards now to the 90s

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
Shamen - En-Tact
Deee Lite - World Clique

Wow this Cocteau Twins...um...doesn't hold up well over 20 years later. On to Shamen.

Oh man, Shamen might be even worse.

Holding out hope for Deee Lite...and it fails to impress. Not that these three wouldn't have me dancing at a club or house party or whatever, but the music just doesn't have much going on.

Hopefully the next three I queue up will be better:

La's - La's
Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker
Pixies - Bossanova

Goodness gracious, that Black Crowes CD is an absolute classic. How did I completely forget about it?

Last edited:
WOOT talking to myself

Ok, this afternoon has a wide range of noises coming my way:

Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Depeche Mode - Violator
Digital Underground - Sex Packets

Back