Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

To keep you from talking to yourself:
    How was the La's? Had that album back in college and remember Timeless Melody and of course There She Goes, but don't remember the whole album being special. Dug the vocals though.

To the OP, Gary Clark Jr. - Bright Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by qcdeac View Post
    To keep you from talking to yourself:
    How was the La's? Had that album back in college and remember Timeless Melody and of course There She Goes, but don't remember the whole album being special. Dug the vocals though.

To the OP, Gary Clark Jr. - Bright Lights.
    Well, the album was pretty catchy, but got overshadowed big time by Black Crowes, who I hadn't listened to in years, and who blew me away. I liked Liberty Ship, I.O.U., and Looking Glass.

constant repeating of that fucky "DROID" sound when the asshole outside my office gets a text from one of the idiots in his life.

Neil Young - Ragged Glory
    Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
    Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual

Aphex Twins - Selected Ambient Works 85-92
    LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out
    Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet

I've heard the latter 2 a billion times, but it will be interesting to hear them in their original context of the early 90s.

call me maybe
    1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005, 2019

Brad Mehldau's new release - Ode

Oh yeah, got 3 big ones queued up this morning

Sonic Youth - Goo
    Ride - Nowhere
    My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post

Sonic Youth - Goo
    Is it weird that I like the Kim Gordon songs the best on this album? Kool Thing, Tunic, Cinderella's Big Score. I can't get into Thurston Moore on this album at all. I even prefer the Ranaldo tracks.

Carol Brown
    by Flight of the Conchords

Mr. Brightside
    by The Killers

Taking it easy today with some Wayne Shorter, "The Classic Blue Note Recordings (remastered)."

Switched over to Art Blakely and the Jazz Messengers for the afternoon.

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    -Smashing Pumpkins

Sonic Youth - Goo
    Ride - Nowhere
    My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Goo was awesome, but like I said, I prefer the Kim songs. Ride was...meh. I was really expecting big things. It has been maybe 5 years since I've listened, and I just don't think it holds up well over time.

Loveless, however, is impossible to describe, but I'll try anyway. It's beautiful and unrelenting and challenging and accessible all at once.

Next up for me today:

Nirvana - Nevermind
    Crowded House - Woodface (wow it's hilarious to listen to this directly after Nevermind)
    Julian Cope - Peggy Suicide
    Last edited by TownieDeac; 03-28-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Listening to "After Hours" by John Coltrane which I believe is a re-release of "Coltrane Plays the Blues."

Admittedly, I haven't listened to much Coltrane lately so I've forgotten just how fucking good he was; he's got some really heavy shit going on in "Blues to Elvin"

Live version of Whole Lotta Love
    Zeppelin

I listened to the self-titled album from the band A Winged Victory for the Sullen this morning. Spectacular orchestral album.

This afternoon, I'm getting around to that Julian Cope album, and next I have lined up Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Woot.

I listened to the self-titled album from the band A Winged Victory for the Sullen this morning. Spectacular orchestral album.

This afternoon, I'm getting around to that Julian Cope album, and next I have lined up Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Woot.
    This takes me back. Good choice.