• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

In an effort to spread out some of the great music that's streaming this week, I'm mixing it up with some of my old standards. This morning:

The Rural Alberta Advantage - Homelands
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

Prepping for the show tonight @ Greenfield Lake. They did "The Weight" last night in Chapel Hill, hoping they do that again.

Can't beat a Truckers show for your money. Every time I've seen them the time has pushed 3 hours. Hopefully it was a good one!

“You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
They called me the hyacinth girl.”
—Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
Looking into the heart of light, the silence.
Öd’ und leer das Meer.

For the afternoon:

Wilco - Summerteeth
Spoon - Gimme Fiction

This band was signed to the Avett's Ramseur Records label and played a lot of shows in NC. I really wish they hadn't broken up. Their 2nd album "Plague of Dreams" is a favorite of mine.

Last edited:
I want to go see the Wombats at 9:30 club tonight but no one will go with me. Lazy ass friends.

Listening to some Radiohead. Have tickets for the upcoming shows in lovely Newark, suites ftw.

Listening to some Radiohead. Have tickets for the upcoming shows in lovely Newark, suites ftw.

tony-montana.jpg

Love the whole album, but the section of tracks 2-7 on Gimme Fiction is just perfection.

The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentin
I Turn My Camera On
My Mathematical Mind
The Delicate Place
Sister Jack
I Summon You

wowza

Bjork - Debut
Orbital - Orbital 2 (The Brown Album)
Sebadoh - Bubble & Scrape

This band was signed to the Avett's Ramseur Records label and played a lot of shows in NC. I really wish they hadn't broken up. Their 2nd album "Plague of Dreams" is a favorite of mine.

Same here. I've been on a kick lately. Realized I only had their last two records so I bought the first, hence I was listening to that song.

Love the whole album, but the section of tracks 2-7 on Gimme Fiction is just perfection.

The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentin
I Turn My Camera On
My Mathematical Mind
The Delicate Place
Sister Jack
I Summon You

wowza

This is why I made the case (back on your 2000s music list, I think) that Gimme Fiction is the best Spoon album EVAHHHH. Although I love "The Beast and Dragon, Adored" more than any one of those songs, so I'd go 1-7.

On a Drake kick right now. It's easy to forget how fucking good Take Care was. I think I'd take it over MBDTF.

That stretch with "Headlines", "Crew Love", "Take Care", and "Marvin's Room" is just devastatingly awesome. Plus "Crew Love" features The Weeknd, so it is by default the best thing in the history of anything.

Back