• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

had not previously realized that Nevermind and Blood Sugar Sex Magik were released on the same day, 30 years ago today

had not previously realized that Nevermind and Blood Sugar Sex Magik were released on the same day, 30 years ago today

Add 'Badmotorfinger' by Soundgarden too....huge trio of albums to drop on the same day.

First time I really heard Nirvana was at the Christmas 8th grade dance in December 1991. The three dudes with long hair got the DJ to play it and then proceeded to mosh while the rest of stood back and listened. I loved the sound and a few days later I bought the cassette. I had recently bought U2's Achtung Baby, which definitely expanded my musical inclinations and primed me for something quite a bit heavier like Nevermind.

I'm pretty sure I heard/watched their performance on Top of the Pops in November (I lived in the UK at the time), but thought it was weird, really could not get the full effect of the music because they were being intentionally anti-commercial and fucking up the performance:

it's crazy to me how the former Nirvana drummer is the biggest rock star in the world (non Stones/Beatles, etc)

Saw Taj Mahal and Van Morrison last night; pretty good show. Taj was solo and Van the Man played with a decent sized band. Van played a bunch of his hits and finished with a monster Gloria - pretty fun show overall.

The next few shows I’ve got are a Dead cover band (family event), DMB, Billy Strings, and Dead & Co.

Last edited:
Had two incredible nights of JRAD last night. Tonight I’ve got TAB sans horn section. Jennifer Hartswick tested positive the other night so they dropped the horns for the rest of the tour. Their first hornless show was last night in Charlotte and sounds like there was lots of jamming and more Phish songs than at a typical TAB show. They played with this set-up at Xmas Jam a few years ago and it was great but I’m disappointed to not see the horns.

Had two incredible nights of JRAD last night. Tonight I’ve got TAB sans horn section. Jennifer Hartswick tested positive the other night so they dropped the horns for the rest of the tour. Their first hornless show was last night in Charlotte and sounds like there was lots of jamming and more Phish songs than at a typical TAB show. They played with this set-up at Xmas Jam a few years ago and it was great but I’m disappointed to not see the horns.

JRAD setlists look pretty good; glad you had fun. Had not heard about TAB dropping the horns - definitely a different show without them but I’m sure you had a great time (setlist looks pretty good for tonight too)!

JRAD setlists look pretty good; glad you had fun. Had not heard about TAB dropping the horns - definitely a different show without them but I’m sure you had a great time (setlist looks pretty good for tonight too)!

yeah it's a different dynamic of a show, but on the plus side you get a lot more jamming than at a typical TAB show. for example the 20 minute Moma Dance to open set 2 last night. and my friends were probably more disappointed to not get the horns since that was part of what sold them on going (though they really enjoyed both nights of JRAD).

i think i prefer the ECHOI Ensemble's version or the original recording

Back