• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Kate Bush radio on spotify just gave me a pretty sweet run

Billy Strings fucking rocked last night; that show exceeded my expectations. Guitar Peace started off stage which was cool; Fearless was AMAZING, and then he just tore through the set until closing with a HUGE All-Time Low. Second set was no different; some really interesting jams in the second set with Hide & Seek going wild; was probably close to 15 minutes. Wish I could take in the next 3 nights of this run...had a blast and it made me a true believer.

Set 1:
Guitar Peace
Fearless(Pink Floyd cover) (live debut by Billy Strings)
Home of the Red Fox
Fire on My Tongue
I'm Still Here
Last Train to Clarksville
Tipper
Wargasm
Will You Be Loving Another Man
Thirst Mutilator
All Time Low

Set 2:
Taking Water
Ice Bridges
Nothing's Working
Doin' My Time
Living Like an Animal
Me and My Uncle
To Lay Me Down
Doin' Things Right
Things We Said Today
Hide & Seek

Encore:
The Preacher and the Bear

can't wait for the 2 shows we're hitting on the hometown Halloween run. Missing the Sunday Halloween show (never miss a Sunday show...), but gotta take the kid trick or treating for the first time. #balance.

600x600bb-1634270739.jpg

Covers of GA artist's songs to benefit Black Voters Matter, Fair Fight, and Georgia STAND-UP. He freaking kills the solo on Sometimes Salvation, and I'm in the middle of the 11 minute In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, and groovin'.

Holy shit this new Young Thug album, my favorite rap album since Daytona, easy. It’s excellent. The majority of the songs feature acoustic guitar? Young Thug is just intensely original - the closest comparisons I feel are like a combination of Fugees era Wyclef and The Carter-era Lil Wayne. It’s extremely vulnerable but also fun. 10/10 A+

Holy shit this new Young Thug album, my favorite rap album since Daytona, easy. It’s excellent. The majority of the songs feature acoustic guitar? Young Thug is just intensely original - the closest comparisons I feel are like a combination of Fugees era Wyclef and The Carter-era Lil Wayne. It’s extremely vulnerable but also fun. 10/10 A+

i know nothing about this but chuckled when reading the description of "intensely original" given he has maybe the least unimaginative rapper name of all-time

Billy Strings fucking rocked last night; that show exceeded my expectations. Guitar Peace started off stage which was cool; Fearless was AMAZING, and then he just tore through the set until closing with a HUGE All-Time Low. Second set was no different; some really interesting jams in the second set with Hide & Seek going wild; was probably close to 15 minutes. Wish I could take in the next 3 nights of this run...had a blast and it made me a true believer.

Set 1:
Guitar Peace
Fearless(Pink Floyd cover) (live debut by Billy Strings)
Home of the Red Fox
Fire on My Tongue
I'm Still Here
Last Train to Clarksville
Tipper
Wargasm
Will You Be Loving Another Man
Thirst Mutilator
All Time Low

Set 2:
Taking Water
Ice Bridges
Nothing's Working
Doin' My Time
Living Like an Animal
Me and My Uncle
To Lay Me Down
Doin' Things Right
Things We Said Today
Hide & Seek

Encore:
The Preacher and the Bear

I was at this show as well. So fucking tight. Billy's ascendance is great to see. His BV show was amazing, wanted to go as that venue is nestled around some of my favorite haunts in the state. Billy and Kids killed it at RR earlier this summer. Keep it up young man.

I was at this show as well. So fucking tight. Billy's ascendance is great to see. His BV show was amazing, wanted to go as that venue is nestled around some of my favorite haunts in the state. Billy and Kids killed it at RR earlier this summer. Keep it up young man.

yeah he played Halloween here at the Orange Peel in 2019 and now he's doing 3 nights at the arena, which seats about 7000. he sold that out in minutes.

Right on, my dude. For some reason I didn't think you were still in the area; I'd be happy to meet up for a show sometime if you're interested!

re: Billy in BV, I didn't even know that was happening until it was too late. I love that part of the state and would like to have gone down there for his release/festival.

Last night I went to Red Rocks for Dead & Co (N2) and loved it; great jams and song selection. Weather was nice too. Highlights for me were Mr. Charlie to Hell in a Bucket, and pretty much all of S2, especially Terrapin and All Along the Watchtower. The NFA reprise to close the RR run was nice. Hoping to catch a few songs on Friday at Fiddlers that they haven't hit yet in Colorado.

second set n1 looked pretty amazing, too

Yeah; admittedly seeing the N1 setlist gave me FOMO as they hit a few big ones for me (New Speedway, Prudence, Estimated>Eyes>FOTM, Morning Dew, Althea), but it was all good - we got a great show last night.

Did Billy K play? I know he missed n1 with Jay Lane filling in (and sounds like Mickey had to leave stage early)

Hard Drive hits different this time of the year

spitting venom

Speaking of red rocks, the modest mouse close of that was fuck yeah goosebumps level good.

Seeing Primus tonight play Rush…mmmmm

Also yall should do a bunch of touche amore…saw them on wednesday and they never fail to put on the greatest of shows

Back