• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Really got into Eddie Chacon's (of Charles and Eddie, of "Would I Lie To You" fame, a classic 90s banger) comeback album a couple of years ago, which he did with John Carroll Kirby, who worked with Solange on When I Get Home, which I still need to check out, but which I usually hear good things about. This is a nice, short snippet of a live set that is sounding good, and gives you an idea -- kind of a minimalist, synthy, neo-soul vibe.

If you need a reminder (RIP Charles):

Widespread Panic's final show from this past weekend's Atlanta run, which is a make-up of their postponed New Year's run. Saturday's show was the NYE show and includes a bust-out of Bird Song that they haven't played since like 1988. The whole run coincided with the 20th anniversary of Mikey's passing.

Bill Callahan announced a new album and small tour this fall:

For the 0 of people that care, I did see Mt Joy last night (10th show this year) and they were really good live. They more than hold their own as a headliner at a medium size club. The shots from their Red Rocks show on 8/17 showed a pretty full house (9K) and last night the venue they played was near capacity (3K last night, venue holds 4K) which doesn't surprise me. They don't have a huge catalog so the setlists don't change much from night to night and I don't think they normally play more than 1 night per city. In fact the band even mentioned they don't normally do a multi-night run in the same city.

Anyway, they had a great live show with better lights/visuals than I expected. If you're at all into their sound they are worth catching live.

My kids typically hate what I put on in the car so I started playing them the early Queen albums. They say they hate that even more. Sacrilege.

Lots of NOFX lately as I've been reading through the NOFX book over the last week.

Check out The Stews. College band from Auburn that is creating a huge following among the college kids. I saw them with my daughter and they kill it live. I think they will be big.

Check out The Stews. College band from Auburn that is creating a huge following among the college kids. I saw them with my daughter and they kill it live. I think they will be big.

The kids are alright.

Great video - thanks for sharing!

Good performance. Will be interesting to watch. I have so little time to explore new music. I do miss it.

Back