• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Anybody listening to Marcus King? I'm a fan.

Yeah, he's pretty good. Saw him backing another musician a couple years ago and he impressed. I'm planning to see him this summer and I look forward to his set.

This was my first and only Panic show: https://www.panicstream.com/vault/widespread-panic-11061998-winston-salem-nc/ (Winston-Salem November 1998)

I honestly thought they were pretty boring live. Mike Houser sat in a metal folding chair for the whole show, maybe he was sick already though...I don't remember the time line. Dave Schools was pretty awesome though.

Houser felt he played better / more accurately when he sat - he started sitting on an acoustic tour in 96 or so and then returned to tour in 97 playing seated.

Yeah, he's pretty good. Saw him backing another musician a couple years ago and he impressed. I'm planning to see him this summer and I look forward to his set.

I love Marcus King. I saw him at the Winston Fair Grounds for a drive-in concert in October and he killed it. One of the best up and coming guitarists on the planet. Can't wait to see him live again.

I’ve seen him take part in a couple of Xmas Jams and he slayed. One year it was part of an Allman Brothers tribute called Les Bros and he took part in Dreams and Whipping Post to close the set.

I’ve seen him take part in a couple of Xmas Jams and he slayed. One year it was part of an Allman Brothers tribute called Les Bros and he took part in Dreams and Whipping Post to close the set.

It's like Amos Lee and Ronnie Millsap had a baby and it was raised by Warren Haynes.

Phil and Phriends OTD '99 - https://archive.org/details/1999-04-16.paf.sbd.miller.25296.sbeok.flacf/pf1999-04-16d1t01.flac

Lineup:
Phil Lesh - Bass
Steve Kimock - Guitars
John Molo - Drums
Trey Anastasio - Guitar
Page McConnell - Keys
Donna Jean Godchaux-MacKay - Vocals

Set 1:
d1t01 - Help On The Way ->
d1t02 - Slipknot! ->
d1t03 - Franklin's Tower
d1t04 - Wish You Were Here ->
d1t05 - Tennessee Jed
d1t06 - Stella Blue
d2t01 - Alligator

Set 2:
d2t02 - Bertha ->
d2t03 - Prince Caspian ->
d2t04 - St. Stephen ->
d2t05 - The Eleven ->
d2t06 - Unbroken Chain
d3t01 - Chalkdust Torture ->
d3t02 - Mountains Of The Moon ->
d3t03 - Scarlet Begonias ->
d3t04 - Fire On The Mountain

Encore:
d3t05 - Donor Rap
d3t06 - Band Intros
d3t07 - Ripple

Found some Anthrax cds under my passenger seat as my car still has a CD player. Fun listening, as compared to the other 80s thrash titans. The kids like it and want me to put it back on when I switch over to morning edition. Fine by me, young metal heads.

"It Makes No Difference" - Levon Helm band w/Jim James

Gonna hop on the Phil & Friends show that townie posted in a minute.

"It Makes No Difference" - Levon Helm band w/Jim James

Gonna hop on the Phil & Friends show that townie posted in a minute.

the Stella Blue is really nice, i love what Kimock brought to this show

Taking a break on Phil & Friends to listen to "Endless Highway: the music of the Band" after being blown away by the MMJ cover of It makes No Difference. Track list:

"This Wheel's on Fire" (Bob Dylan, Rick Danko) performed by Guster - 3:24
"King Harvest (Has Surely Come)" performed by Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers - 4:03
"It Makes No Difference" performed by My Morning Jacket – 6:19
"I Shall Be Released" (Dylan) performed by Jack Johnson with ALO – 4:11
"The Weight" performed by Lee Ann Womack – 4:48
"Chest Fever" performed by Widespread Panic - 6:34
"Up on Cripple Creek" performed by Gomez – 4:37
"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" performed by the Allman Brothers Band – 5:03
"Stage Fright" performed by Steve Reynolds – 3:44
"Rag Mama Rag" performed by Blues Traveler – 3:18
"Whispering Pines" (Richard Manuel, Robertson) performed by Jakob Dylan – 4:05
"Acadian Driftwood" performed by the Roches – 6:20
"The Unfaithful Servant" performed by Rosanne Cash – 4:56
"When I Paint My Masterpiece" (Dylan) performed by Josh Turner – 5:03
"Life Is a Carnival" (Danko, Levon Helm, Robertson) performed by Trevor Hall – 4:09
"Look Out Cleveland" performed by Jackie Greene – 3:13
"Rockin' Chair" performed by Death Cab for Cutie – 5:31

Ovens such a shithole but I’ve seen some awesome shows there

moe circa 03? 04? One of my all time favs.

Back