• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Gentle Sinners. New Scottish band featuring members of Arab Strap and Twilight Sad.

The masterpiece from one of America's greatest bands turns 30 today.

Kikoalbumcover.png

Another sad, unexpected RIP today to Yes drummer Alan White, who took over from Bill Bruford right after Close to the Edge and had three days to learn YES drum parts before they kicked off the tour. Damn. Legend. Legendary story. Also played with John Lennon, Joe Cocker, George Harrison, Ginger Baker, etc etc.

How the hell did I miss that Arab Strap released a new album last year?

I happened upon a new band the other day. Listened to more of their stuff. Fun Americana style…The 502s.

That last post got me listing to Mogwai last night and damn Young Team was an amazing debut. Here is the song with the Arab Strap guy "singing", "R U Still in 2 it":

Three days to learn these drum parts and the result was this tour full of monumental performances and jams. Insane.

+1 Love me some Alan White. Bruford Yes is my choice but Alan was unreal, saw them with Alan a bunch in the 80s and 90s, the Anderson-Bruford-Wakeman-Howe tour, and then the Union tour. love those guys so much

It was Record Store Day round two this weekend. Got the following on Saturday, arrived about 20 mins before opening:

Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs (listened to the CDs all the time in middle school)
Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band - Ragged But Right
Stanley Clark - The Bluegrass Sound

Went back on Sunday for a few more. Saw some chatter online about how good these were and regretted not getting them. Then my shop posted they still had some RSD stuff in stock.

Miles Davis - What it Is Live in Montreal
Soul Jazz Records - 100% Dynamite

It was Record Store Day round two this weekend. Got the following on Saturday, arrived about 20 mins before opening:

Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs (listened to the CDs all the time in middle school)
Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band - Ragged But Right
Stanley Clark - The Bluegrass Sound

Went back on Sunday for a few more. Saw some chatter online about how good these were and regretted not getting them. Then my shop posted they still had some RSD stuff in stock.

Miles Davis - What it Is Live in Montreal
Soul Jazz Records - 100% Dynamite

That's a good haul. I went to Dead & Co on Friday, so getting up for RSD was out of the question. I did manage to snag the two Soul Jazz comps off Instagram on Sunday though, so pretty excited to have been able to pick those up online.

That stood out to me and sent me on a search, because I was like WHAT, there is a Stanley Clarke bluegrass album??? But it does look like Stanley Clarke at one point jammed with Bela Fleck and Jean-Luc Ponty, which could have had those vibes. I need to listen to that set.

Back