• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

went through these three today while working from home:

711WMdC7-zL._SL1200_.jpg

Mezmerize-LP.jpg

System_Of_A_Down-Hypnotize.jpg

I imagine this would be the band birdman would join

I am already in a band. We(I)'ve got a band camp site and everything. But if I were to join a band just because they had "Birds" in the title, it would be "Birds of Maya":

listened to the Dee Gees Hail Satin. its the foo fighters doing bee gees covers.

not gonna lie. i kinda dug it.

I didn't even like this song before, but now I am listening to this on repeat for some reason. More songs should be covered by professional children's choirs.

I’ve never heard this song. But are these kids Russian? Their accents are so confusing

Saw Dead & Co at Fiddlers Green (N1) last weekend and it was another great show. Loved the song selections and the jams.

Counted it up and I'm at 17 nights of live music since 7/5 which was my first show back post pandemic. Not bad for me given the compressed timeline for all those nights (i.e,. no indoor shows over the winter/spring). Pretty jam heavy, but I suppose that's what I'm listening to this year.

Still on the calendar for 2021:

My Morning Jacket
JRAD (finally posted a Colorado date!)

I can't imagine adding anything other than those shows, so we'll call it 19 nights of shows in 2021 (not counting couch tour here).

Shows I went to this year (not in order):

Dark Star Orchestra
Hinterland (3 nights)
Brandy Carlile
Mike Lamitola
Billy Strings
Dead & Co x 2
Phish x 3
Fastball
North Miss All Stars
Anders Osborne
Shakedown Street
Black Crowes

Since posting this, added The Scooter Brown Band (my neighbor's son is the lead singer, so went to support the neighbor) and JRAD with a fucking monster of a show last week - almost 3.5 hours. He wasn't inside Denver city limits so he could play late and he did. Show's on ReListen for any interested. Coasting through this month to MMJ on the 29th to close out my year.

Also, just found a spotify playlist that I am LOVING. "Black Beatles: R&B Covers 1963-1972" by Matthew Perpetua..title pretty much describes it - Black artists covering Beatles songs. Definitely worth a listen.

conference call on whether receipt of convertible notes is taxable on a deal

biff's mom saying "mmmmmmmmmmpphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssssshfgmmmmmmmmmmmp"

Any fans of The Wrens around here? I'd be surprised if there is since it's been 18 years since their last record came out. Aeon Station consists of 3/4 of Wrens membership. Debut record out tomorrow on Sub Pop.

Any fans of The Wrens around here? I'd be surprised if there is since it's been 18 years since their last record came out. Aeon Station consists of 3/4 of Wrens membership. Debut record out tomorrow on Sub Pop.

oooooh thank you for this callout. I had no clue.

Sitting in a hotel bar in downtown Milwaukee after one of the most satisfying gigs I’ve ever played having a glass of rye and listening to Hollis brown oh sweet nothing and feeling pretty damn happy

Back