• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Listening to a lot of Drive-By Truckers ahead of my concert tomorrow night. Originally supposed to be 2 shows in April 2020 but now we only get 1. Oh well. Should be a great time still.

While one of their cheesiest entries, man I love this song. Top 5 MMJ for me.

If that song had been released in 1978, would have been a huge hit.

Can't figure out how to get the regular link from the app because old man now.

Last edited:
Saw Dead & Co at Fiddlers Green (N1) last weekend and it was another great show. Loved the song selections and the jams.

Counted it up and I'm at 17 nights of live music since 7/5 which was my first show back post pandemic. Not bad for me given the compressed timeline for all those nights (i.e,. no indoor shows over the winter/spring). Pretty jam heavy, but I suppose that's what I'm listening to this year.

Still on the calendar for 2021:

My Morning Jacket
JRAD (finally posted a Colorado date!)

I can't imagine adding anything other than those shows, so we'll call it 19 nights of shows in 2021 (not counting couch tour here).

Shows I went to this year (not in order):

Dark Star Orchestra
Hinterland (3 nights)
Brandy Carlile
Mike Lamitola
Billy Strings
Dead & Co x 2
Phish x 3
Fastball
North Miss All Stars
Anders Osborne
Shakedown Street
Black Crowes

hbd frank ocean

ibc34djij5f21.jpg

250985729_434709271345601_9075459211597581834_n.jpg

251663216_435315801284948_590020492091459838_n.jpg

250682434_435934734556388_5136574060861264108_n.jpg

Ho-lee shit, what a hometown Halloween run from Billy Strings. Originally bought tix to just nights 1 and 2 because I wanted to take my son trick-or-treating for the first time, but ended up getting him in bed in time to make the Sunday show -- got miracled, which was nice. Billy had hinted that the shows would have a Wizard of Oz theme, but I thought he only meant the Sunday Halloween show, and maybe some Dark Side of the Moon thrown in. This was way, way more.

All 3 nights were a progressive journey through the movie. Night 1, set 1 was set in Kansas and the band was all dressed in grey with grey/white lights and a sepia toned backdrop. Set 2 was the tornado, with tons of bad weather songs and a great Ride Me High Panic cover. They left the outro from Spinning playing over the PA during the encore break and the band came out in brightly colored outfits with colorful lights and a rainbow balloon drop for Brain Damage (the only Pink Floyd we got all weekend).

Night 2, set 1 was in Munchkinland and set 2 was when Dorothy set out to meet the characters. Everyone in the band got to sing their character song. Billy was the Tinman and Billy Failing (banjo player) sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow the night before. There was some real trippy shit during June Apple with people in costumes on stage pretending to throw apples and red balloons dropping from the ceiling. Ending the night with some Jimi was great.

Then, night 3 set 1 saw them confronting the witch. The highlight was Samson and Delilah (with Eye of the Tiger teases) followed by the bear-themed Ole Slew-foot. The final set was with the Wizard and heading home. Crown of Thorns for the Lion getting his courage was great. Brokedown Palace was a singalong and he finally played Home right after they played the audio of Dorothy saying "there's no place like home." A second encore of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road with a massive balloon drop and confetti canons brought the house down.

The backdrop screen was stunning, great lights, and such thoughtfully crafted setlists. I couldn't believe how many of his own songs helped fit the narrative of the movie. It's also incredible how 4 bluegrass pickers could fill that big room with their sound. This was my second Billy Strings Halloween -- Clockwork Orange Peel in 2019 -- and I hope he makes Asheville an annual tradition.

Ho-lee shit, what a hometown Halloween run from Billy Strings. Originally bought tix to just nights 1 and 2 because I wanted to take my son trick-or-treating for the first time, but ended up getting him in bed in time to make the Sunday show -- got miracled, which was nice. Billy had hinted that the shows would have a Wizard of Oz theme, but I thought he only meant the Sunday Halloween show, and maybe some Dark Side of the Moon thrown in. This was way, way more.

All 3 nights were a progressive journey through the movie. Night 1, set 1 was set in Kansas and the band was all dressed in grey with grey/white lights and a sepia toned backdrop. Set 2 was the tornado, with tons of bad weather songs and a great Ride Me High Panic cover. They left the outro from Spinning playing over the PA during the encore break and the band came out in brightly colored outfits with colorful lights and a rainbow balloon drop for Brain Damage (the only Pink Floyd we got all weekend).

Night 2, set 1 was in Munchkinland and set 2 was when Dorothy set out to meet the characters. Everyone in the band got to sing their character song. Billy was the Tinman and Billy Failing (banjo player) sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow the night before. There was some real trippy shit during June Apple with people in costumes on stage pretending to throw apples and red balloons dropping from the ceiling. Ending the night with some Jimi was great.

Then, night 3 set 1 saw them confronting the witch. The highlight was Samson and Delilah (with Eye of the Tiger teases) followed by the bear-themed Ole Slew-foot. The final set was with the Wizard and heading home. Crown of Thorns for the Lion getting his courage was great. Brokedown Palace was a singalong and he finally played Home right after they played the audio of Dorothy saying "there's no place like home." A second encore of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road with a massive balloon drop and confetti canons brought the house down.

The backdrop screen was stunning, great lights, and such thoughtfully crafted setlists. I couldn't believe how many of his own songs helped fit the narrative of the movie. It's also incredible how 4 bluegrass pickers could fill that big room with their sound. This was my second Billy Strings Halloween -- Clockwork Orange Peel in 2019 -- and I hope he makes Asheville an annual tradition.

That sounds awesome!

Back