• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

really getting into listening to records lately. dad gave me his turntable/amps/record collection back in 2019 and I finally had it repaired in 2020 but way later than I would've liked since I was home every day. got a couple of Black Friday 2020 RSD releases then kinda put it on hold for a while since the records were sitting in a box. but my wife gave me a nice cabinet to store my records for Christmas and I've been on a frenzy cleaning all my dad's old ones and buying new ones. need to get some stands for my bookshelf speakers so I can put the turntable and amps on the cabinet (they're on an adjacent dresser now). records I've bought in the last couple of weeks:

Widespread Panic Sunday Show
Les Claypool's Frog Brigade Live Frogs Sets 1 & 2
Tedeschi Trucks Band (with Trey) Layla Revisited
Widespread Panic Live at Austin City Limits

to go along with Abbey Road, Revolver, and Tommy that my wife gave me the past 2 Christmases that I hadn't listened to on the turntable yet.

Debating buying the JGB 30th Anniversary release or the Grateful Dead Giants Stadium 91 box sets. Let the addiction commence!

Jerry and Dead vinyl releases have been VERY good in my experience; never had an issue with any of the JGB/GD releases I have. I also picked up the TTB/Trey "Layla" release and have listened to it a few times - great stuff.

I recently had to move all my records and as I'm putting them back I'm going through every one to make sure I've got it on my discogs. Got a bunch more to sort through as I inherited some albums and haven't finished going through them all yet.

Jerry and Dead vinyl releases have been VERY good in my experience; never had an issue with any of the JGB/GD releases I have. I also picked up the TTB/Trey "Layla" release and have listened to it a few times - great stuff.

I recently had to move all my records and as I'm putting them back I'm going through every one to make sure I've got it on my discogs. Got a bunch more to sort through as I inherited some albums and haven't finished going through them all yet.

yeah I got the JGB Vol 2 RSD release in 2020 and it's fantastic. regret not getting the Paris 72 RSD drop last year.

yeah I got the JGB Vol 2 RSD release in 2020 and it's fantastic. regret not getting the Paris 72 RSD drop last year.

The Paris 72 set was my top RSD target last year and I was able to get it; love it. Listened to some of it the other day, as a matter of fact!

The Paris 72 set was my top RSD target last year and I was able to get it; love it. Listened to some of it the other day, as a matter of fact!

just saw the preorders are up for Dave Pick's first of 2022 and was thinking man it'd be nice to have these on vinyl. But then I saw that apparently back in Oct they did Dave's Picks Vol 1 on vinyl. Doh! I did see Dave tweet that he'd like to do more on vinyl so hopefully that's something they do in the future.

just saw the preorders are up for Dave Pick's first of 2022 and was thinking man it'd be nice to have these on vinyl. But then I saw that apparently back in Oct they did Dave's Picks Vol 1 on vinyl. Doh! I did see Dave tweet that he'd like to do more on vinyl so hopefully that's something they do in the future.

I'm mildly regretting that I didn't pre-order the Dave's pick on vinyl...not my favorite tracks so I passed, but kinda wishing I grabbed it now. Would love to add some late 70's GD on on vinyl.

I'm mildly regretting that I didn't pre-order the Dave's pick on vinyl...not my favorite tracks so I passed, but kinda wishing I grabbed it now. Would love to add some late 70's GD on on vinyl.

I’m fine just to be #basic and get Cornell 77 on wax

New Earl Sweatshirt and fka twigs are great.

What new stuff are y'all listening to?

New Earl Sweatshirt and fka twigs are great.

What new stuff are y'all listening to?

The new Earl album is really good. I liked the new Cordae album too, but it's definitely a step back from Lost Boy.

I also really like the new Weeknd album, but I'm an absolute sucker for retrowave and concept albums. Definitely an album that needs to be listened to straight through.

Liked the energy Cordae brought to his Tiny Desk

“Am I the first person to stand up at my Tiny Desk?”

I also really like the new Weeknd album, but I'm an absolute sucker for retrowave and concept albums. Definitely an album that needs to be listened to straight through.

I love it, too. You should check out the fka twigs record - he's on one of her songs and the vibe is a bit similar.

RIP Loaf -- Karaoke'd this one in Adams Morgan more times than I can count -- it's a long ass karaoke song. We usually lost the audience when the baseball radio guys start going.

This is a real post.

Yelawolf and Shooter Jennings put out a fantastic rock song.

probably old news to you hipsters but didn't find any mention after a search for Dope Lemon Rose Pink Cadillac a friend sent me. mellow and not bad

Animated vinyl looks cool:

Back