• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Airline Rewards Credit Cards

SO MANY POINTS

Seriously, we do have so many points, I'm not sure what we're going to do with them. I'm sure the baby will find a way to use them.

Just don't forget to hit the Signing Bonus spending - we're using the Reserve for everything right now just to knock that out, and then moving on to the points efficiency plan.

If you have a reserve account, you can transfer all your chase points (including the ones you earn from the unlimited) to that account, which can then be redeemed at 1.5 for travel through the chase portal. It's only a half a percent different, but can definitely add up. The ideal Chase stack (not including their business cards) is to use the freedom for whatever the 5% categories are, the reserve for travel/dining, and the unlimited for everything else, and transfer all point to the reserve account.

ahhh, makes sense.

Just don't forget to hit the Signing Bonus spending - we're using the Reserve for everything right now just to knock that out, and then moving on to the points efficiency plan.

yeah, going for the signing bonus right now. PM's on board and we can put his rent on there, so that's super helpful.

he can pay rent with his credit card? that would be awesome.

At our last apartment, we could pay rent with a CC, but that place was much closer to 'Felony Flats' than 'Luxury Apartments' so that may have played into it.

Charitable donation is another good way to hit the bonus if you can swing it.

Paying with a card is a $35 fee, which is about 2.5%.
It doesn't make sense normally (other than for convenience), but to hit the spend threshold and get that $1500 in travel bonus it's absolutely worth it.

i bought a $3k amex gift card to hit the bonus

I'm thinking of getting an expensive car repair done that I've been putting off, using the spend threshold as a reason to finally replace that timing belt. But gift cards are definitely on the list if I haven't spent enough at the end.

Got the Reserve in October. I'm embarrassed at how quickly we got to the bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only fee I paid was $3.95 purchasing fee. There was also an $8.95 shipping fee but you can eliminate that by using promo code FREESHP17A.

when do you get your bonus? paid my first bill feb 8 for 3k. i have more outstanding to get over the 4k. will it hit if i make a payment before my march payment?

when do you get your bonus? paid my first bill feb 8 for 3k. i have more outstanding to get over the 4k. will it hit if i make a payment before my march payment?

Ours was as soon as the billing totaled over 4400 in a statement. For us, this means our next statement will provide us with the points. If you go online and look at the rewards, it will show you your total when the next statement posts.

Last edited:
Y'all aren't living if you struggle to find a way to spend $4k in 3 months other than buying gift cards.

Y'all aren't living if you struggle to find a way to spend $4k in 3 months other than buying gift cards.

Nah. When you're churning a half-dozen cards, you've got to split your spending intelligently to hit all the signing bonuses.

Churning cards seems like a ton of work. I just got the preferred card for all my work travel. Hopeful that I accumulate a ton of points. I've always been a debit card nub before and am kicking myself.

Nah. When you're churning a half-dozen cards, you've got to split your spending intelligently to hit all the signing bonuses.

Just dump everything on one card for 3 months and boom. Trying to get a signup bonus while going like 3% on gas on another card is silly cakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just dump everything on one card for 3 months and boom. Trying to get a signup bonus while going like 3% on gas on another card is silly cakes

That doesn't work when you're opening 6 cards at one time, n00b.

Back