Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334

Thread: Best Airline Rewards Credit Cards

Quote Originally Posted by freakadeac View Post
    canít wait to get out of 5/24 jail
    Which one ya wanna get? I'm about a year away from being able to cycle another sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    Which one ya wanna get? I'm about a year away from being able to cycle another sapphire
    whichever one gets me a flight to Greece

Just got the 125K(!!!) AmEx Platinum offer. Seems like a no-brainer to cancel the CSR and go with the AmEx, right? Especially since they have the new AmEX Centurion lounge in CLT. My wife can also go with the CSR shortly thereafter if we really want to cycle cards. Anything I'm missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Just got the 125K(!!!) AmEx Platinum offer. Seems like a no-brainer to cancel the CSR and go with the AmEx, right? Especially since they have the new AmEX Centurion lounge in CLT. My wife can also go with the CSR shortly thereafter if we really want to cycle cards. Anything I'm missing here?
    nice, be sure and use the $300 travel credit before canceling

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    The two compliment each other fairly well. It's a no brainer to take the 125k offer , especially with 10x gas and groceries for the next 6 months. The AMEX Platinum doesn't have any bonus points earned on dining, so if you eat out alot you can keep the CSR and charge your dining on that. No need to cancel the CSR if you can use the $300 travel credits (uber/lyft applies), $120 in doordash credits, and use lyft regularly. If you never use lyft or can't use doordash, then maybe you'd want to cancel the CSR.

But yes, you and the wife cycling the Chase Sapphire signup bonuses every 4 years makes sense. I'd think you'd have to travel alot to keep the AMEX platinum long term, and/or really like the lounge access, AMEX fine hotels.

Although the AMEX gold is probably better for dining/groceries than CSR, so those two might be the two I'd run (I applied for Platinum a few weeks ago to use those two)
    Last edited by stugotz; 04-16-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Didn't amex modify the centurion lounge access requirements recently. And the annual fee is now $650 or something. But 125k is nice. CSP has 80k offer right now and I think you can get referral bonus for it also.

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    My four year clock on the sapphire bonus ends this summer

Been stacking freedom points in the meantime

The Blue Cash Preferred card for those who have it, make sure to move all your streaming subscriptions to that, as it's 6% cash back which is a nice lil perk. For those who don't have it, it's a p sweet 6% cash back on groceries & 3% back on Gas for a $95 annual fee that I think is waived the first year + $300 signup bonus.

Signed up for the Amazon card today after looking at my annual amazon spend, 5% off ain't bad for a $0 annual fee.

I just got denied for the Capital One Venture card

Iím offended

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I just got denied for the Capital One Venture card

Iím offended
    I had that and cancelled it a year or so ago. It was fantastic when it had 10x hotels.com points to go with it, worked out to be like 20% off hotel stays. Will sign up for it again in a year or so for the signup bonus.

I think itís the first time Iíve been rejected for a card and I donít know why

Biding my time until my sapphire bonus clock runs out this summer, so staying away from Chase cards

AmEx platinum is intriguing but I donít know that the $550 fee makes sense for me given how many points I have in the Chase platform and the number of perks that are geared toward luxury travel

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I think itís the first time Iíve been rejected for a card and I donít know why

Biding my time until my sapphire bonus clock runs out this summer, so staying away from Chase cards

AmEx platinum is intriguing but I donít know that the $550 fee makes sense for me given how many points I have in the Chase platform and the number of perks that are geared toward luxury travel
    I'm having a hard time finding great value in using the AMEX points tbh. Almost feel like burning em all on a roomba.