• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Radisson Hotel - Opryland

any updates? Did Petter survive a night at the Radisslum?

I would assume the petter clan are stuffing themselves with horrible breakfast buffet at this moment.

Hey petter, did the bed have "magic fingers?" A roll of quarters=heaven

I love going to Wake bowls and NCAA tourney games because our fan base is so EASY to spot.

I mean, its pretty obvious which people went to Wake Forest.

Ha. A buddy posted on FB last night that you could spot the Wake fans downtown because they were the only folks walking around in a sport coat. SMH. Facepalm

I would assume the petter clan are stuffing themselves with horrible breakfast buffet at this moment.

Hey petter, did the bed have "magic fingers?" A roll of quarters=heaven

Actually, that was just the bed bugs.

Chillin' in the Raddison atrium now. No HeavyPetter or bym sighting yet.

I know you want to sell rooms but I'm CERTAIN the Opryland could have gotten higher rates and nearly equal occupancy from bowl game attendees vs the cheerleading competition.

Just wanted to let everyone know that truckers still start up their rigs at 5 AM, which is approximately the same time the dumpster is emptied at Cracker Barrel.

Just wanted to let everyone know that truckers still start up their rigs at 5 AM, which is approximately the same time the dumpster is emptied at Cracker Barrel.

Our rooms must be directly above or next to each other. That emptying of the dumpster was quite the treat.

I haven't laughed this hard at a thread in a long time, well done gents.

Please tell me yall have gone people watching on Broadway. Its the redneck Vegas down there.

Chillin' in the Raddison atrium now. No HeavyPetter or bym sighting yet.

I know you want to sell rooms but I'm CERTAIN the Opryland could have gotten higher rates and nearly equal occupancy from bowl game attendees vs the cheerleading competition.

Sorry, we've been gone. Breakfast at Marche (highly recommended) then a tour of Vandy and The Parthenon.

Back in the room now before the 2PM shuttle.

We toured Vandy this morning too. Peabody campus looks a bit like UVA quad. Would like to see it in the spring or summer instead of winter though.
Saw some cool homes in the Belmont area.

My grandmother went to Vandy back on the original campus.

Our hotel is fine. Sorry that you got a bad one.

Last edited:
Some dbag from the band knocked on my door at 3 am this morning. Black dude, kinda tall and skinny. Dumbass.

Embassy Suites Airport was full of MSU fans, but it was fantastic!

I can testify the Radisson was a total dump. OMG.... The thousands of Brittany Spears wannabees running around combined with the incessant noise from the highways and roads that surround the hotel, all added up to 2 long nights. ugh... When the nice bus hostess told us last night how many thousands of rooms Opryland has I too wondered why there were no more rooms available for Wake Forest than there were?
I will give compliments to the Premier Sports Travel crowd though. They were all very professional and so nice.

Still at the Opryland resort. It's been great. Did a shrek character breakfast this morning and went on the boat ride. A bit disneyish and overpriced, but that's to be expected. Doing the family NYE celebration here tonight since the kiddies are tired.

Yesterday, when we left for the game, I noticed that my room wasn't made up, but my parents' room next door, was.

I went to the front desk and told them. They assured me that the rooms are done ont of sequence (wtf), but they would take down my number and make sure my room was made up.

We returned at 10 and the room was unmade. My wife went downstairs and complained. They asked what she wanted them to do. She said to send someone up to make up our room. They told her that housekeeping wasn't on duty, but my wife told them she didn't care.

So, we got our room done by 10:30. They probably spit in our "sanitized" cups.

Some dbag from the band knocked on my door at 3 am this morning. Black dude, kinda tall and skinny. Dumbass.

LOL yeahhhh just asked him about it. They forgot they were on the 2nd floor and y'all were right above them.

Back