• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Radisson Hotel - Opryland

LOL yeahhhh just asked him about it. They forgot they were on the 2nd floor and y'all were right above them.

Apparently the band on the road after our last game of the sport season is not a good thing....

This was no one's fault, since the team's were preslotted there and our staff really had no time to evaluate, but I nominate the Operyland as the single worst hotel I've ever been forced to stay in.

1) Service was horrible
2) Restaurants/lines/availability was horrible
3) Layout of hotel stupid and a complete pain
4) Location of the hotel made no sense with every single event going on downtown
5) Parking was a complete disaster. Took most of the day to get your car just to get to the area where the bowl activities were actually happening
6) Parking downtown was needed as a result of the location of the hotel.

I hope future Music City Bowl participants get the memo that the Operyland just plain sucks and you need to be downtown.

Given the lack of service and stupid structure, I expect it will not matter as the place surely will not survive financially.

For the unsigned neg-repper, should I not have the expectation of having my room made up? If I notice the rooms around me made up and mine un-made, should I not inquire.

How should I handle this situation in the future to make it not whining to the staff? When I spoke to them, it was polite.

Apparently the band on the road after our last game of the sport season is not a good thing....

Well if the administration allowed us to fly after games then there would be no problems. Maybe you could talk to your employer about that if you have a problem with it.

Yesterday, when we left for the game, I noticed that my room wasn't made up, but my parents' room next door, was.

I went to the front desk and told them. They assured me that the rooms are done ont of sequence (wtf), but they would take down my number and make sure my room was made up.

We returned at 10 and the room was unmade. My wife went downstairs and complained. They asked what she wanted them to do. She said to send someone up to make up our room. They told her that housekeeping wasn't on duty, but my wife told them she didn't care.

So, we got our room done by 10:30. They probably spit in our "sanitized" cups.

You were totally justified up until the point when your wife demanded that someone make up the room at 10:30 at night. At that point, the reasonable course is to lodge your complaint, ask for a couple of fresh towels and call it a night, maybe see if they'll hook you up with some free room service for their oversight. It comes off as a little spiteful to force a random hotel employee (not a member of housekeeping staff) to make up your bed for you at 10:30 pm when you are presumably going to immediately get in it.

Note: I was not the repper.

You were totally justified up until the point when your wife demanded that someone make up the room at 10:30 at night. At that point, the reasonable course is to lodge your complaint, ask for a couple of fresh towels and call it a night, maybe see if they'll hook you up with some free room service for their oversight. It comes off as a little spiteful to force a random hotel employee (not a member of housekeeping staff) to make up your bed for you at 10:30 pm when you are presumably going to immediately get in it.

It wouldn't have come to that if I hadn't brought up a concern earlier. Had I not mentioned the possibility of being missed earlier I would have asked for towels and called it a night.

It wouldn't have come to that if I hadn't brought up a concern earlier. Had I not mentioned the possibility of being missed earlier I would have asked for towels and called it a night.

Did they leave an upper decker in your john? I woulda

At Opryland. Crazy mobs of people here. Can take 45 minutes plus to get your car. there are sick mobs of people everywhere. The Deacon club is giving out some wake swag down by Magnolia but you can't even find restaurant reservations here, the place is stupid.

and with wall to wall people, I was a miserable place. To get a bagel was a major accomplishment. It was about a quarter mile in each direction. I fell for the hype and regreted it the instant I arrived.

Ok, glad to know it wasn't just me that was underwhelmed by the Opryland. I got there on Wed night and just to get parking -- valet or self -- was an overly complicated process. When I checked out yesterday, the bellhop actually offered to go to the self parking lot with me because he said it was at least a 20 min wait to get your car up to the curb. Not to mention once you get parked and registered, then it's like the Amazing Race to find your room. I knew I was in trouble when directions to my room were PRE-PRINTED on a map..wth:eek:

I had no problems with the service; everyone was friendly and helpful. But the hotel was too big for the typical Wake fan experience. We're used to being able to spot each other pretty easily. Road games are how I've met so many of my good Deacon friends, but there was no common lobby and you had to go out of your way to find other Deacons if you weren't in the Magnolia section. Waits for any food were ridiculous and everything was way overpriced for a city like Nashville. If I had to do it all over again, I would have stayed downtown like I did for last year's Vandy trip and probably been happier.

Lol at he thought of room service in that shithole.

The Opryland is a huge resort. You are not going to get typical high-end hotel service.

You have to figure out how to work the system. Valet parking is a bad idea.

We went to the Mexican restaurant last night and while it was pricey, we had a very enjoyable meal.

The shrek breakfast yesterday was great.

The Opryland is a huge resort. You are not going to get typical high-end hotel service.

We went to the Mexican restaurant last night and while it was pricey, we had a very enjoyable meal.

That wasn't Shrek...it was slothrop after a long night.

We stayed at the Airport Marriot with no complaints. Easy in and easy out for parking and our room looked out over a big magnolia tree.
They offered a shuttle service to the game, but we had a parking pass and drove our car.
We could only stay for one day and Wake never offered a package to someone who will not stay 2 days.

Yep, self parking was pretty easy imo. We were in and out quickly every time.

Did the Mexican restaurant yesterday for lunch, it was really good.

I bet I could take Moon's left nut, pan fry it, wrap it in a corn tortilla, and cover it with mole and it would taste better than Nashville Mexican.

Excellent work on the tags with heavy petter/light spender leading the way...

This was no one's fault, since the team's were preslotted there and our staff really had no time to evaluate, but I nominate the Operyland as the single worst hotel I've ever been forced to stay in.

1) Service was horrible
2) Restaurants/lines/availability was horrible
3) Layout of hotel stupid and a complete pain
4) Location of the hotel made no sense with every single event going on downtown
5) Parking was a complete disaster. Took most of the day to get your car just to get to the area where the bowl activities were actually happening
6) Parking downtown was needed as a result of the location of the hotel.

I hope future Music City Bowl participants get the memo that the Operyland just plain sucks and you need to be downtown.

Given the lack of service and stupid structure, I expect it will not matter as the place surely will not survive financially.

Why were you forced to stay there?

Back