• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Restaurants in Greensboro

ctdeac13

Reaction score
My mom in going to be in Greensboro this weekend for the Furniture Show in High Point. She is going to take me out to dinner and since I don't really venture into Greensboro I was looking for some recommendations for restaurants. I'd be going out to dinner 2 nights and we don't really care what type of food it is we just want something that is good. Thanks for the help.

Make sure you get reservations as the nice places tend to fill up during Market.

You can't go wrong with the Proximity Bistro, Green Valley Grille, or Liberty Oak for fine dining. There is a place called Bin 33 that is the new thing; their menu is unorthodox but it's pretty good. For really high end dining, there is a place called Marisol in a little nondescript shopping center on High Point Road near Sedgefield Country Club that is expensive but FANTASTIC.

For less expensive but still good food with a more casual atmosphere (and good beer) there is Natty Greene's, Grey's Tavern, and M'Couls, all on South Elm downtown. Also you could go to the corner of Walker and Elam and check out Fishbones for some excellent fish tacos or Filling Station for great sandwiches and burgers. Also at that corner is Sticks and Stones which is owned by the same people as Fishbones and makes really good gourmet pizza.

My mom in going to be in Greensboro this weekend for the Furniture Show in High Point. She is going to take me out to dinner and since I don't really venture into Greensboro I was looking for some recommendations for restaurants. I'd be going out to dinner 2 nights and we don't really care what type of food it is we just want something that is good. Thanks for the help.

What sort of price range?

Green Valley Grill is good. I like Print Works Bistro. Liberty Oak in downtown is good as well. I've heard good things about Flemings but never been (it's a chain but supposed to be very good). Lucky 32 is pretty good as well.

Make sure you get reservations as the nice places tend to fill up during Market.

You can't go wrong with the Proximity Bistro, Green Valley Grille, or Liberty Oak for fine dining. There is a place called Bin 33 that is the new thing; their menu is unorthodox but it's pretty good. For really high end dining, there is a place called Marisol in a little nondescript shopping center on High Point Road near Sedgefield Country Club that is expensive but FANTASTIC.

For less expensive but still good food with a more casual atmosphere (and good beer) there is Natty Greene's, Grey's Tavern, and M'Couls, all on South Elm downtown. Also you could go to the corner of Walker and Elam and check out Fishbones for some excellent fish tacos or Filling Station for great sandwiches and burgers. Also at that corner is Sticks and Stones which is owned by the same people as Fishbones and makes really good gourmet pizza.

I love the Lindley Park Filling Station. There's a good pizza place across the street called Bricks.

Proximity Bistro = Print Works Bistro, sorry.

I have been to Flemings once, their steaks are very good. Alcohol there is way overpriced. Flemings is like Ruth's Chris but not as full of itself and not so expensive that you feel like you're getting fleeced.

I love the Lindley Park Filling Station. There's a good pizza place across the street called Bricks.

No, the pizza joint is Sticks and Stones, you may be thinking of Brixx on Westover Terrace (which although a chain makes some damn good pizza).

I'm not sure on the price range but We aren't looking to spend $50+ per person on the meal but I'm sure that 20-30 or something like that. Less is always better but I'm my mom will splurge a little bit and we'll go someplace nice. also since I can't drink (8 months left) and my mom doesn't drink that will save us some money. Thanks for all the help guys.

These are great recommendations. My favorite restaurant of all the options in the Triad is Print Works Bistro.

Also, Southern Roots is really good, but it's in Jamestown.

Definitely try to get reservations or expect a wait. Restaurants and bars around here get pretty busy during Furniture Market.

Yeah we are definitely trying to get reservations but we are also going late like around 8:15-8:30 since I play club lax here and we play ECU at ECU at 2pm so I gotta drive from Greenville to Greensboro which will take a while.

No, the pizza joint is Sticks and Stones, you may be thinking of Brixx on Westover Terrace (which although a chain makes some damn good pizza).

That's right. I've been to both but moved out of Greensboro almost two years ago.

These are great recommendations. My favorite restaurant of all the options in the Triad is Print Works Bistro.

Also, Southern Roots is really good, but it's in Jamestown.

Definitely try to get reservations or expect a wait. Restaurants and bars around here get pretty busy during Furniture Market.

True that.

These will cost a bit, but they're awesome. I usually pick one of the top 2 when vendors are wanting to hear me say "no" over a $100 meal.

1618 West
Table 16
Avenue
Southern Lights

haha
Table 16 and undercurrent are both good choices. Avenue is changing its name and format to be italian, haven't been in there since that happened. Southern lights is good but I don't like how tightly the tables are packed in there - food is good but don't care for the atmosphere. Somehow I have never made it to 1618.

If you really want to take advantage of a vendor go down to Marisol. You'll have a ridiculously good meal and they'll never bother you again after they pay that bill.

Get lunch at Lox, Stock and Bagel on Battleground.

funny story. my wife works with a guy who recently immigrated from Israel by way of NYC. He kept asking where he could get a good bagel so she sent him to Lox Stock and Bagel - with a name like that, they have to have good bagels, right?

So he gets there and they tell him they don't do bagels anymore but they have some frozen Thomas' bagels in a plastic bag they can warm up for him.

I can only assume the Lox isn't really happening any more either.

When you no longer serve 2/3 of your name (or even 1/3 for that matter) it's time to change names.

Back