• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Only in California??

Only in California??

Look at the name of the fucking thread.

other than the buses where you can get off in the middle/back (so you don't walk past the driver), i have rarely been on a bus where people HAVEN'T thanked the driver. i thought it was normal.

This included betting off the back of the bus.....the bus wasn't packed...but almost no one exited the bus near the driver.

So confused, but not so surprised.

Let me break break it down for you:

RJ titles a thread with a question.

RJ tells a very nice story about people being polite that is related to the question

RJ finishes the story with a pair of sentences that bring the readers back to the question asked in the title of the thread.

People decide- Hey it's RJ let's pile on.

They act like asses.

ITK tells about giving a wet tshirt show.

Guys ignore wet set of boobs to give RJ shit.

You ask what's going on.

Last I was meeting a couple of friends in downtown Huntington Beach to watch the game and have some drinks. Realizing that I would likely leave my car downtown and take a cab home, I became proactive and took the bus.

Then a curious "only in California" thing started happening. Each time someone got of the bus, they paused and chimed,"thank you" to the bus driver. Who replied, "thanks for riding have a good night."

That was a nice puzzle.

I wasn't thinking as the three of us enveloped the couple next to us during the game. With a minor amount of bar food (and certainly no bottle service at this place) we had a bill of around $500 before the tip.

I "walked" down to the beach and got a bus. To my surprise the same thing happened on the way home that went on during the other ride. Everyone thanked the driver and she wished everyone a good night.

I've ridden public transportation all over the world. This is the first time I saw anything like this.

As I said, I've ridden public transport in at least a dozen countries and almost major cities in the US and had seen such pleasantness from everyone who rode.

Basically, you are proving my point. You just want to find some to bitch about. That is very sad.

It's impossible just have a nice story here without people trying to tear it and you apart for it.

These two posts to do not make sense when read together.

other than the buses where you can get off in the middle/back (so you don't walk past the driver), i have rarely been on a bus where people HAVEN'T thanked the driver. i thought it was normal.

:werd: Happens every morning and afternoon on my way to and from work.

only in california- rj & co. "enveloping" a random couple at a bar. kinky.

1. Sealed Envelope
An act performed immediately after sex; moments before achieving male orgasm, the man pulls out and shoots his load into the crevice of the girls ass. Afterwards, he presses her ass cheeks together for an undetermined amount of time. When he lets go, her cheeks will be stuck together, thus forming a sealed envelope.

Let me break break it down for you:

RJ titles a thread with a question.

RJ tells a very nice story about people being polite that is related to the question

RJ finishes the story with a pair of sentences that bring the readers back to the question asked in the title of the thread.

People decide- Hey it's RJ let's pile on.

They act like asses.

ITK tells about giving a wet tshirt show.

Guys ignore wet set of boobs to give RJ shit.

You ask what's going on.

You forgot the part where you inserted the random and totally unnecessary $500 bill paragraph to not so humbly brag.

And now you've forgotten the part where you paint yourself as the victim...

The woman was really nice, smart and incredibly beautiful.

so here's my question: have you never ridden the bus before in your area? or is it the first time you've seen it on your bus system after many times riding. you say you've never seen it before, but it happened twice in one night for you.

also, whenever I take the bus in DC, I make sure to say it if I exit at the front and many people do as well. I also do this (along with other riders) on like airport shuttles (such as the one from the BWI train station to the terminal) and rental car shuttles, etc.

Once I was taking a drink from a water bottle on the bus and it went over a speed bump and water spilled all over me. Guy next to me said "You won the Red Line wet tshirt contest today!". Only time I ever won a wet tshirt contest.

pics or gtfo.

also I always thank the bus driver. The best was in Dublin and you get to say "cheers", sometimes I will accidentally say cheers here but I figure the bus drivers are probs foreigners anyway.

so here's my question: have you never ridden the bus before in your area? or is it the first time you've seen it on your bus system after many times riding. you say you've never seen it before, but it happened twice in one night for you.

also, whenever I take the bus in DC, I make sure to say it if I exit at the front and many people do as well. I also do this (along with other riders) on like airport shuttles (such as the one from the BWI train station to the terminal) and rental car shuttles, etc.

yeah, but do you drop 5 bills in between?

Yes, this is piling on, but I can't remember ever riding a bus and not having most people say thank you to the driver. Public buses, chartered buses, shuttle buses, you name it.

I rarely ride the bus. It's been a long time. It's like other major metropolitan areas. One the way downtown, I thought something odd had happened. Then when the same thing happened. I figured there was an etiquette.

Shuttles are different than buses. When I've been on the bus in Philly or NY or London or Vegas, I haven't seen it done.

This is why I thought it was so odd. It was 100%. It wasn't just one or two people and people who exited the back of the bus made sure they said thanks loudly enough for the driver to hear them.

I'm impressed with the stamina. He's up and posting on the boards by 8am west coast time, so he had a redonk amount of drinks and still was ready to go this morning. Although I guess the game ended at like 9 west coast time, but gotta figure with that huge tab they were out til at least 11, but he did say he took the bus home, so I'm not sure how late those run out there. then you gotta figure a baller like rj had a few night caps once he got back home. So I am putting his BAC right now around .06

RJ, what made you include in the story that you had a bill of $500?

It was part of the story of the night. Would it have been any different if said "after ten drinks and about as many rounds of shots"?

To me it wouldn't have been, but your knee jerk reaction was to try to find something negative in a story that was pleasant.

Some of you are looking for any reason to knock rj. He comes from Philly - thanking bus drivers isn't the norm there. I come from NJ - not happening there either. Doesn't happen in NYC. Haven't seen it in Mexico or a few Caribbean nations...maybe in Bermuda.

Maybe the bus driver is drug dealer and everyone leaves happy.

I'm impressed with the stamina. He's up and posting on the boards by 8am west coast time, so he had a redonk amount of drinks and still was ready to go this morning. Although I guess the game ended at like 9 west coast time, but gotta figure with that huge tab they were out til at least 11, but he did say he took the bus home, so I'm not sure how late those run out there. then you gotta figure a baller like rj had a few night caps once he got back home. So I am putting his BAC right now around .06

I got the last bus. That was about 10:30.

Remember the perspective is that we started not 8 PM for the game but at 5 PM.

If palma or donaldross or AZDeac are reading the thread, they have joined me at The Longboard for drinks which is where we were last night.

The reason this is relevant is we know the owners and bartenders. Thus the shots weren't in shot glasses.

palma/dr, Jo is still single and she's still out of your class. :)

Back