• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Phuket, Thailand

if you're at all an animal conservationist i'd stay away from the elephant operations in phuket. they're pretty shoddy.

Ching Mai elephant refuge camp. Book in advance. Skip Phnom Penh and go from Siem Reap to Koh Rong. If you're in Phucket skip Phi Phi for Ko Lanta unless you really want to party. Fit Laos in and take from Thailand if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks! Good info. We're already psyched for the elephant refuge camp, sounds amazing - good to know we need to book early. I'll look into Koh Rong - was thinking of doing a day trip to Phi Phi so that's good to know - will look at Ko Lanta instead. We definitely enjoy a crazy night or two but like the chill stuff just as much, so we're splitting our Phuket week into Patong and a cliff resort off the beaten path.

Ended up going with stops in Dubai and Bangkok to start for a couple days each, then Siem Riap, Chiang Mai, and Phuket for longer stints. As long as we survive the heat it should be a great trip. Now just looking at activities and day trips.

Thanks! Good info. We're already psyched for the elephant refuge camp, sounds amazing - good to know we need to book early. I'll look into Koh Rong - was thinking of doing a day trip to Phi Phi so that's good to know - will look at Ko Lanta instead. We definitely enjoy a crazy night or two but like the chill stuff just as much, so we're splitting our Phuket week into Patong and a cliff resort off the beaten path.

Ended up going with stops in Dubai and Bangkok to start for a couple days each, then Siem Riap, Chiang Mai, and Phuket for longer stints. As long as we survive the heat it should be a great trip. Now just looking at activities and day trips.

DO NOT STAY AT LAA LANTA IN KO LANTA.

Back