• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

We did this when chef John Currence was subbing in (incredible chef who specializes in southern food). It was an incredible experience and I think it actually might have been better than the normal menu. We got all of the hits from the normal menu + 12 absolutely amazing courses from John. Bro also loved my mustache.

I LOVE Corduroy and have been trying to go at least once a year for the last probably 6-7 years? Tom Power is the best. Even better is the $30 3-course menu you can get at the bar every night. Nom nom nom.

cordoroy has the perfect ambience for a special date because it's small and the waitstaff is great in my experience. like ladydeac said, it's quiet too. we had a booth in the back of the restaurant that was so secluded (you may ask about it). the tasting menu w/ pairings is really reasonable as well (i think like 115 or something).

i was thinking cordoroy as well. it's also really close to b-dale, so you can rush home for april 15th.

I was actually considering Corduroy. Seems like it would be perfect for the occasion. This seals it... making reservations today.

tight.

so we never did this after the worst bars list, but what are your faves. here's my rough list:

-boundary stone: duh
-dodge city: usually good music with 2 dance floors of diff types of music, good beer, decent crowd, cool outdoor area and not too big
-lil miss whiskys: dont know what it is about this place but i always have a wonderful time
-saloon: not the ripoff in georgetown but the euro-pub on u st. great beer, the owner is cool as shit, and they always have awesome staff. different vibe than pretty much any bar in dc.
-dan's: havent been in years but i love it
-the gibson: best drinks in the city

im sure there are ones im forgetting.

went to lost society for the first time last night. that place sucks.

though this dec black chick kept trying to make out with me and trying to take me back to her place until i put her in a cab to send her home. it was weird.

The passenger - great if you want delicious drinks, but if you have friendz on a budget they have 4$ Schlitz tallboys. If you nab a table/booth it's a great place to conversate and get drunk.

Atomic Billiards (Cleveland Park area) - Not the best draft list or drinks, but this place makes my top 10 solely because of it's surprisingly varied jukebox that gets updated quite often with new mixes. If you get there early you can dominate the music for the night for like $10. Good place to grab a drink (or quite a few) and play pool/darts.

On H Street I love The Pug and Queen Vic (great place to grab a pint of Guinness)

I somehow have never been to lil mis whiskys. I think it's the only bar on H Street I haven't yet visited.

ive been there probably 5 times. every single time was a fucking blast. great dancing with the lady and the two times i went with just bros were awesome too because there's always a bunch of good looking girls there looking to have fun. if i were single i think thatd be my spot.

Fave bars are Churchkey, Passenger (need to try Columbia Room), Gibson, Iron Horse for HH, Queen Vic, Rock and Roll Hotel.

Just after midnight at H and 12. It was eight guys, they just dragged me a few yards down 12th out of the light. All things considered it wasn't that bad, they didn't rough me up or take my phone/watch. $85 in cash, two credit cards and stupid shit like my Best Buy rewards card, CVS card, etc.

Got robbed at gunpoint on H St Thursday night. Sucked.

Same thing happened to a friend of ours last year except after they robbed him the guy shot him in the back for no reason. Luckily he survived after a long stint in the hospital.

Same thing happened to a friend of ours last year except after they robbed him the guy shot him in the back for no reason. Luckily he survived after a long stint in the hospital.

Welp, sorry DF09, not going to H Street with you anymore. WTF.

Back