• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

I will break from lurking to simply say that Thai Xing is simply amazing, and that BYOB makes the amazing-ness go to 11.

The fact that it is 0.2 miles from my house makes it go to 12.

hey phan do you live near where this flooding took place Sun night?

bloomingdale-flooding-e1346641736711.jpg

I got the pic from Prince of Petworth and it came via Boundary Stone -- I think he lives near there?

Went toThai Crossing tonight. If this is not your next reservation then you are a retard. This place is legit. And it's byob, which is awesome.

took my parents there last week. we did it and zetenya. NOM NOM NOM NOM

that is really close. i live at 2nd and v. that storm was cray. we were having a cookout with some neighbors, and the heavens opened. we had like 20 people chilling under the awning in their backyard jamming to go go and doing shots of hennessy and tequila. i ran to the store to grab 2 12 packs, and they both broke on the way back. shit was cray.

that is really close. i live at 2nd and v. that storm was cray. we were having a cookout with some neighbors, and the heavens opened. we had like 20 people chilling under the awning in their backyard jamming to go go and doing shots of hennessy and tequila. i ran to the store to grab 2 12 packs, and they both broke on the way back. shit was cray.

Yeah, it just came out of nowhere, as did the 2 inches of water that filled my entire basement. We didn't have any flooding on our street though which is good (considering the pic is just a couple of blocks away from us as well), but the workers who "fixed" a prior problem created a worse problem which resulted in our flood. At least that can be fixed and it's not because DC won't fix the drainage problem in the neighborhood.

Had a flood like that happen in the street near my first place in Old Town - those cars are so screwed. I remember getting in my car after letting everything dry out for like 3 days, started it up fine, drove a quarter mile and then dead car. Never ran the same after that.

is the basement finished?

Yup, fully. Though instead of replacing the carpet in the bedroom, we are putting down tile. Wet carpet sucks, and I'm sure this won't be the last time water finds its way down there. And what really isn't awesome is that my Bose subwoofer was partially submerged.

welcome to the neighborhood!

woof. that sucks man. hopefully insurance wont fuck with you too much.

There's that upscale pizza joint by the Chinatown arch, Matchbox. If a bartender named Henry is working tell him you're friends with Lauren and her friends-free drinking all night.

Anyone know if that new Penn Social bar is any good? Thinking about going there for Giants-'Boys tomorrow.

It was great the week it opened a month or so ago. It is a clusterfuck now (went last Friday). Shuffleboard is free, which is great, and they have a lot of fun games, but the sheer volume of people makes playing any of the games challenging.

welcome to the neighborhood!

woof. that sucks man. hopefully insurance wont fuck with you too much.

We're not out a dime, which is great. The seller is picking making all the repairs for free (it's a renovation and the seller is a developer, and he legitimately feels bad - and I don't think he wants me to sully his representation which I don't think I would do anyway).

We're not out a dime, which is great. The seller is picking making all the repairs for free (it's a renovation and the seller is a developer, and he legitimately feels bad - and I don't think he wants me to sully his representation which I don't think I would do anyway).

Wo, that's lucky, and nice.

FINALLY hit up two places tonight I've been meaning to go forever. Little Serow for dinner and Boundary Stone for drinks (yes, despite living in Brookland we hadn't made it down for Bloomingdale drinks yet). Both solid.

The day was so nice we decided we didn't mind waiting outside for a while for LS so got in line a bit before 5pm (opens at 5:30). We were the last people to get in on the first seating (phew!) and it was AWESOME. I think I had somewhat lowered my expectations after some adequate reviews, but we loved it. Every dish. So good. We also heard the waitress say tonight was the longest line she'd ever seen (and apparently there were people that had to be turned away for the night...like couldn't even be seated later). I think the nice weather brought everyone out.

Also while in line for LS had at least 3-4 people stop and ask what we were waiting for. Ha. After explaining to a few people, for the last one LadyDeacToy answered, "We're waiting to take pictures with Santa Claus...what? They're selling Christmas decorations at Target, can't we wait for Santa?"

Back