• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

FINALLY hit up two places tonight I've been meaning to go forever. Little Serow for dinner and Boundary Stone for drinks (yes, despite living in Brookland we hadn't made it down for Bloomingdale drinks yet). Both solid.

The day was so nice we decided we didn't mind waiting outside for a while for LS so got in line a bit before 5pm (opens at 5:30). We were the last people to get in on the first seating (phew!) and it was AWESOME. I think I had somewhat lowered my expectations after some adequate reviews, but we loved it. Every dish. So good. We also heard the waitress say tonight was the longest line she'd ever seen (and apparently there were people that had to be turned away for the night...like couldn't even be seated later). I think the nice weather brought everyone out.

Also while in line for LS had at least 3-4 people stop and ask what we were waiting for. Ha. After explaining to a few people, for the last one LadyDeacToy answered, "We're waiting to take pictures with Santa Claus...what? They're selling Christmas decorations at Target, can't we wait for Santa?"

I just went last night for the first time to Little Serow. The place is legit, but I think I preferred the food at Thai Xing. Both are similar in what they are trying to do (i.e., serving authentic Thai), and both are great, but there was something about Thai Xing that struck more of a chord with me. But I will defs be going back.

dkn, you were talking about the new Heritage India at 16th and P and you're right: I noticed it this morning going in the space that was Skewers. It's on P between 16th and 17th and next to the CVS which sits below Sushi Taro. When I go out the back entrance to my building it's right across the street. Should be a nice lunch spot, right?

So my fiance's boss wants to take her, myself, her coworker, and his wife to dinner. Nothing seems to be off the table as when she suggested Comi he was like "Sure." The issue is he lives in Philly, so his timing can be tough to pin down. What's the best restaurant where getting a table midweek shouldn't be too big of a chore?

Rasika's off the table because he's an accounting partner, so he shits. Central is a good possibility, and we eat at Zaytina a fair amount.

lol... good oval room story.

my fiance and i went for some reason in the last year or so (very descriptive, right?), and we did the tasting menu (i think with wine pairings but not sure). long story short: we ate and drank so much when we got home she puked and didnt remember the last course the next morning. it was good, but talk about over-indulgence...

dkn, you were talking about the new Heritage India at 16th and P and you're right: I noticed it this morning going in the space that was Skewers. It's on P between 16th and 17th and next to the CVS which sits below Sushi Taro. When I go out the back entrance to my building it's right across the street. Should be a nice lunch spot, right?

Should be perfect for lunch. Their food is so damn good, and at lunch they are really quick.

So my fiance's boss wants to take her, myself, her coworker, and his wife to dinner. Nothing seems to be off the table as when she suggested Comi he was like "Sure." The issue is he lives in Philly, so his timing can be tough to pin down. What's the best restaurant where getting a table midweek shouldn't be too big of a chore?

The Source.

lol... good oval room story.

my fiance and i went for some reason in the last year or so (very descriptive, right?), and we did the tasting menu (i think with wine pairings but not sure). long story short: we ate and drank so much when we got home she puked and didnt remember the last course the next morning. it was good, but talk about over-indulgence...

This has defs happened with us before.

Living social today for Etete. It's the best Ethiopian food I've had in DC (granted i've only been the three places but all three were highly recommended).

doing a dec job on taht list. need to hammer more out though.

holy shit how have i never been to/heard of Izakaya Seki? this is my next target.

ahhh opened summer 2012. welp, i know where i'm going in the next few weeks.

nope. almost did last night but went with chinese dragon take out instead.

I might try it tonight. It'll be either that or BS. If I do I'll report back. I hope the sushi's not shitty.

Back