• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Just joined one of those farm delivery co-op things. Severely limiting how much we dine out these days... Not counting lunch - fall means Lobster Truck Clam Chowder. Sooooooo good.

Just joined one of those farm delivery co-op things. Severely limiting how much we dine out these days... Not counting lunch - fall means Lobster Truck Clam Chowder. Sooooooo good.

you just joined one in fall?

you just joined one in fall?

Gilt City deal or some such thing. Plus we're walking distance to Brabo's Butcher's Block which is ridiculous for meat so having veggies delivered was very appealing.

Just tried PhoWheels food truck for lunch and it's pretty legit.

I haven't, but I'll be on the lookout. The spring rolls from PhoWheels were pretty awesome as well.

PhoWheels is a little cheaper so I'll have to check it out. Pho Junkies had decent pho but it wasn't anything to write home about.

Union Market is pretty cool - stopped by last weekend. There's a lamb sausage guy there and pretty much everything he has is awesome. Nice spot to grab some oysters and a few beers, will be money once all the stands are finished.

Union Market is pretty cool - stopped by last weekend. There's a lamb sausage guy there and pretty much everything he has is awesome. Nice spot to grab some oysters and a few beers, will be money once all the stands are finished.

I drove by it the other day on my way to Home Depot and thought "What the hell is that?" Might have to check it out on my flex day Friday.

Charlotte thread had me thinking: who has the best wings in DC? I might have asked this already....

Charlotte thread had me thinking: who has the best wings in DC? I might have asked this already....

Not sure how accurate this is since the only one I've tried is First Downs (and I do give them props for their variety):

Washington Post Readers' Picks for Best Wings

Birch and Barley/Churchkey
Bonchon
Boundary Stone
Buffalo Wing Factory
Duffy's
First Down
Mandu
Metro City Wing House
Quarry House Tavern
Shelly's Back Room
Smoke and Barrel
Wingo's

The descriptions on the link really made me want to try B&B/Churchkey. I've also heard a few times about Mandu's wings.

had another great experience at cordoroy last week. tasting with wine pairings. here's a rundown on the menu:

bread->kabocha squash soup (champagne) ->tuna tartar (german crisp white) ->seared scallops with mushrooms and a green that i forget (some white i forget)->braised chicken (pinot noir)->wagyu filet (cabernet i think, it was a big red)->apple and puff pastry tart with caramel ice cream/dark chocolate bar thingy with caramel ice cream (two desert wines).

can't believe how much you get. sooo good too.

How much $ is the tasting menu at Cordoroy? Never been and the "special dinners" section of the website doesnt open for me.

I'm sure that was really good but not particularly exciting. I always like when there's a weird course or 2 stuck in there.

when I'm getting wings I just want a pile of them. I'm not sure if Churchkey would do it for me, though I do love their food in general

it's only $65.

i think that's why my fiance likes it so much. it is all pretty straight forward, well prepared food. we had the choice of the game (antelope?) instead of wagyu, but i passed.

it's only $65.

i think that's why my fiance likes it so much. it is all pretty straight forward, well prepared food. we had the choice of the game (antelope?) instead of wagyu, but i passed.

I've had the antelope there, it's pretty good but not mind blowing.

Back