• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Yeah, last week's menu is still posted for G (two options per course). I kind of want to see them post this week's options and then decide. Have also heard good things about both. G is I think $40 with $25 wine pairings. Have a feeling at Kapnos we could inadvertently spend more...

that's prob true. Sietsema loved the G tasting menu...I've only had a sandwich but it was great.

What is G Tasting Room?

edit: Nevermind, missed the Isabella part. I would go Kapnos.

So once the menu was published we ended up choosing G:

$40 per person ++ $29 optional wine pairing

Antipasti:
selection of hams
giardiniera
mozzarella di bufala
crostini
roasted vegetable
arancini

supplement:
tempura oysters
rhubarb aioli, cucumber, arugula
optional at $15

primi:
radiatori
artichoke, whipped ricotta, tomato relish
or
goat cheese gnudi
ramp pesto, guanciale, bone marrow

secondi:
roasted sirloin
carrot, asparagus, jus
or
seared scallops
beluga lentil, calamari, smoked potato

dolci:
choice of seasonal desserts

:drool:

So glad that they're putting in an &pizza and a Shophouse by my office, right as we're about to move offices. Racists.

I'm gonna be a few blocks north of the White House tomorrow....assuming I'm around there for lunch, where should I go? ETA: I'll probably be pretty casual so don't send me for a power lunch at like The Oval Room

If I decide I have free time in the afternoon, where should I go to entertain myself?

Last edited:
I'm gonna be a few blocks north of the White House tomorrow....assuming I'm around there for lunch, where should I go? ETA: I'll probably be pretty casual so don't send me for a power lunch at like The Oval Room

If I decide I have free time in the afternoon, where should I go to entertain myself?

People really like District Taco. I think its a little meh.

Rasika would be a nicer meal, but not super expensive.

Go see the Panda at the zoo.

Depending on how casual of a place you are looking and where exactly you are looking, there's Mio at Vermont and L which is pretty good. Super casual Naan and Beyond at 17th and K is always tasty. Archibalds on K btw 15 and 16 has titties.

Depending on how casual of a place you are looking and where exactly you are looking, there's Mio at Vermont and L which is pretty good. Super casual Naan and Beyond at 17th and K is always tasty. Archibalds on K btw 15 and 16 has titties.

looks like we have two leaders in the clubhouse. I'm sure the Tuesday afternoon crowd would be....interesting.

looks like we have two leaders in the clubhouse. I'm sure the Tuesday afternoon crowd would be....interesting.

If you go to N&B to eat, I would recommend Camelot over Archibalds. You'd be surprised at the daytime talent.

We went to Camelot about a year ago for a bachelor party (although the bachelor got too drunk/tired and went home before we made it there, but whatever we had a hotel room so we were still going) and had a good time. Good talent that night, but after being used to Baltimore strip clubs its more conservative than I'm used to. They tried double-charging my friend though, so there was that but it all got sorted out fairly easily so we're not sure if it was just the waitress being dumb or them trying to slip one by us.

We went to Camelot about a year ago for a bachelor party (although the bachelor got too drunk/tired and went home before we made it there, but whatever we had a hotel room so we were still going) and had a good time. Good talent that night, but after being used to Baltimore strip clubs its more conservative than I'm used to. They tried double-charging my friend though, so there was that but it all got sorted out fairly easily so we're not sure if it was just the waitress being dumb or them trying to slip one by us.

Tell me more about these baltimore clubs.

JDawg, another place I'd recommend for a quick/casual lunch in the area would be Woodward Takeout food at 15th and H. They have one of the best fried chicken sammiches in the city (get it without the cranberry relish) and cheerwine.

District Taco is great for what it is (affordably priced mexican food with all the fixings), but you can find a place like that in any city.

Second Naan and Beyond. Love everything about it.

You could also post up in Farragut Square and hit up the food trucks (although it's going to be like 90 degrees out)

Tell me more about these baltimore clubs.

We actually have a legit red light district, for one. The dancers hustle like whoa and the laws are a lot more lax. You can't get lap dances in DC, can you?

We actually have a legit red light district, for one. The dancers hustle like whoa and the laws are a lot more lax. You can't get lap dances in DC, can you?

I guess they are pretty tame here compared to other places (there was this terrible gross club in Craytona Beach, FL I went to last year where shit got legit weird). And no, no lappies here.

report back!

I agree with the meh from DD. the tacos were just very wet making a mess of things. the tortillas seemed too small because I got most of the meat in like one bite and it pushed the grilled veggies and jalapenos to the side, so the last bite of the taco was just that. I might try again with just a burrito bowl.

Back