• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

i'm a fan of DT, pretty cheap for 3 tacos (and I never had issues with not enough fillings)..

mine were pretty filled, just the proportions seemed off I dunno. and the wetness was the real issue.

If you want cheap but awesome tacos, you gotta go to taqueria distrito federal. I love that place so hard.

holy shit there's a Starbucks on like every block in case I get up there early (which I'm planning on doing because fuck this drive)

holy shit there's a Starbucks on like every block in case I get up there early (which I'm planning on doing because fuck this drive)

Pretty much. There's a Peet's at 17th and L. I don't drink coffee but I've heard good things.

I'm gonna give DT a shot. But I really hate standing in line for lunch. Might go after 2 or something and see what it looks like.

I'm legit obsessed with Bar Charley's tiki cocktails on tap. Cheap and boozy at $8 each...was feeling buzzed after 2. They have some great, cheap drinks. Haven't had a bite of their food, though.

Southern Efficiency's smoked cola and white whiskey drink on tap is no joke either. If I had that on tap at home I'd be a guaranteed alcoholic.

To follow up: I ended up getting down really early and chilling at my friend's office which was semi-nearby (and had a ridiculous view on the porch outside, posted below), my trip to the consulate only took like 20 minutes, decided to walk down to a couple museums I hadn't been to in years (so many kids), and met my friend who works for some Congress lawyers or something for lunch at a deli. Soooooooo I didn't use any of your information but thanks to erybody!

1526156_10102675775915468_1238588521871654261_n.jpg

i'm a fan of DT, pretty cheap for 3 tacos (and I never had issues with not enough fillings)..

Yeah, the price was a pleasant surprise. Really not that many places in this area you can eat legitimately for 7 bucks. Decent for the price.

Sidenote. So we all know there's this big wave of popularity for tacos now, which place has the most authentic tacos and what not. But why no radishes? Is this just gearing toward American tastes?

The only place I've found that legitimately has tacos like every single taco I've eaten in Mexico (with radishes) is this place on V street. It's awesome btw:
http://tacoselchilango.com/

Other sidenote. How hot is the "DC" brand right now? Just throw "district" or "three stars" in the company name, or slap the silouette of the DC map on the "a" in "Taco" and BOOM, line around the block.

So once the menu was published we ended up choosing G:

$40 per person ++ $29 optional wine pairing

Antipasti:
selection of hams
giardiniera
mozzarella di bufala
crostini
roasted vegetable
arancini

supplement:
tempura oysters
rhubarb aioli, cucumber, arugula
optional at $15

primi:
radiatori
artichoke, whipped ricotta, tomato relish
or
goat cheese gnudi
ramp pesto, guanciale, bone marrow

secondi:
roasted sirloin
carrot, asparagus, jus
or
seared scallops
beluga lentil, calamari, smoked potato

dolci:
choice of seasonal desserts

:drool:

booked it for our anniversary next weekend. looking forward to it!

Landed the rooftop garden table at Rose's Luxury next week. Can't wait.

new Shophouse opened up on 7th across from the Clyde's. I've been there 3 times already because I'm disgusting.

Back