• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

I love Garces. He has such a great range of spots here in Philly from dive-y to upscale.

Is there any way to search within threads? I was trying to find out anything posted about Del Campo but this thread is long.

ha, thanks. Oddly it takes me to a post about the PS7 replacement but doesn't actually have the words "del campo" in it. Pretty amazing technology.

Anyway Del Campo sucks

OGBoards is becoming sentitent.

(Or del campo is in the link url, either/or)

And while I don't agree with you that it sucks, I did find it overpriced and not a place I would go back to.

OGBoards is becoming sentitent.

(Or del campo is in the link url, either/or)

And while I don't agree with you that it sucks, I did find it overpriced and not a place I would go back to.

Yeah I was imposing a word limit on myself. I found the food mediocre with some hits, and the service abysmal, and the pricing too high for what you get. "sucks" was an overstatement but I also would not go back.

And good call, it's in the url, duh.

The service at del campo was so very turrible the one time I went for dinner. Thought the food was good. I do like their lunch special at the bar where you get any one of their gigantic sandwiches and either a glass of wine or beer for $12.

Hitting up Komi tonight for the first time since the first year they were open.

Finally checked out Doi Moi tonight. Really good. There are a bunch more things in the menu I want to try. But the halibut curry was awesome.

I love Estadio and Proof so gotta hit this up.

It is about the same level of good as both of those. Not epic, but very very good. My favorite thing about proof is that it helped spawn Red Hen. I go there weekly, including tonight after Doi Moi.

Thinking about checking out Sauf Haus Bier Hall tonight for the Liverpool match. Anyone been yet?

Went to Joe's for the first time last night. Great space (does anyone remember what you used to be there?) nice ambience and good service. Had bone in filet which was very good, cooked perfectly. Wife had stone crab legs which she said were just okay, though she is from Maryland and I think will always prefer Maryland style crabs, so not the best judge.

Sides were the disappointment. We were with a group for a friends bday so had a bunch, but only the mac and cheese stood out. Mashed potatoes were the worst I have ever had at a nice restaurant, and asparagus and spinach were just okay.

Key lime pie for dessert was excellent.

All in all, a good (and expensive) meal, but dont think it separates itself from any of the other bajillions of DC steak restaurants.

I've been to Joe's in Vegas. I could skip it.

yeah I've been to the original in Miami which is a classic. I understand these franchises are all similar to one another but completely different from the original. no desire to go unless someone else is paying.

Back