• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Also live in Old Town and work a couple blocks from Verizon center.

In Old Town I'd recommend the Majestic, Rustico (especially if you enjoy craft beer), or head to Del Ray for Evening Star. Or if you want ribs Jackson 20 apparently has some of the best anywhere.

There are a million places in Penn Quarter/Chinatown. Graffiato is a hot spot, the others Barca mentioned are solid minus the Tap House, whenever I've been there it's been awful. I'd add the Partisan, another new/hot spot, Rasika (one of the best ever if you like Indian), and Proof. All are awesome.

No way you could get in on a Sat night at places like that esp. with it being Restaurant Week. Rasika is prob my fave spot in town, but Sat nights are impossible.

We're going on Sunday and will be eating pretty early to give us time to get to the show, so that should help.

Thanks for all of the recommendations so far.

No way you could get in on a Sat night at places like that esp. with it being Restaurant Week. Rasika is prob my fave spot in town, but Sat nights are impossible.

That's not true. You can't just walk up at 7:30pm but when I checked, Graffiato, Evening Star, Proof, the Partisan - all had availability on Saturday and most were wide open on Sunday.

Rasika would be the big exception but if you're going before a show they have a massive bar where two people can have dinner pretty easily.

Vermillion is fancier, but has a good bar that is much more casual. Solid beer selection, as well as a separate bar menu that is much cheaper than the dinner menu, but still very good food.

They have a hangar steak on the bar menu at Vermillion that is fantastic.

Go. It's outstanding. Or at least the Toronto spot was.

Could not be more psyched about Momofuku. I go to at least one of Chang's spots every time I am New York. Going to be in a huge space here, so hopefully getting in wont be a nightmare.

Would love if they added a Milk Bar as well. I have the cookbook and it's the only baking I do.

I think his name is Pete. He's great.

Although I miss Ferhat and Rissa #oldschoolcorduroy

You would have to venture to PG but Ferhat is at Fishnet in College Park 8 days a week. And is evidently opening one downtown sometime soonish.

oh sweet, then you don't have to go to PG county!

I wonder if the old one will last, it's in such an odd spot. They did finally get beer which should help.

I've walked by a bunch but haven't been in. Have you tried it?

I haven't, but my friends that live in Shaw have. They weren't wowed (and thought it was too expensive for what they got). I think it was a matter of it being a very casual place, but they ended up spending a lot for dinner (seafood and all).

I went to the College Park one once and it was good. But I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Tried a brand new Peruvian spot on H St last night called Ocopa. Really enjoyed it. Good cocktails and I thought the food was great. Had ceviche, tuna tartar, lobster fried rice and crispy fish. It's not super cheap, but I am a huge fan of Peruvian food so I will defs be going back.

http://www.bonappetit.com/hot10

More great press for Rose's - plus that review absolutely nails the experience we've had every time we've been there.

Also landed a Komi reservation for September. Psyched. Haven't been there in years.

Back