• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Did Del Campo for a bachelor party last night. All of the meats. We got the 48 oz ribeye "for 2" and split it among the 6 of us among many other things.

Wife did Rose's Luxury at the same time. Really need to get there.

I have very mixed feelings about del campo. They have an amazing lunch deal during the week and I really like the bar at happy hour. The food there is very good, but the waitstaff is an abomination and the food is very expensive. I think the way you did it is good and about the only way to make it affordable. With two people I find it harder to make it reasonable.

Any recommendations for a quick lunch right around the Verizon Center?

Any recommendations for a quick lunch right around the Verizon Center?

What are you looking for? If not a sit down restaurant, I'd go either Shophouse (go with the meatballs, seriously) or Lime Fresh. Both on 7th across from Verizon. If a quick sit down is what you are looking for, Proof (8th and G) has a great bar lunch (lunch entree and a glass of wine for $12) and Del Campo (8th and I) has a great bar lunch (sandwich/fries and beer or wine for $12).

Quick good sit down or even take out if it's good enough. I'll have about 2 hours before a meeting and I want time to chill out in the hotel as well.

All of those sound good. Anything on 5th? I guess I'm staying more behind the Verizon Center.

Last edited:
Quick good sit down or even take out if it's good enough. I'll have about 2 hours before a meeting and I want time to chill out in the hotel as well.

All of those sound good. Anything on 5th? I guess I'm staying more behind the Verizon Center.

Daikaya on 6th for good ramen. Wiseguys Pizzas in 4th is pretty good too.

A word of warning, Chinatown restaurants (quick and sit-down) get really crowded once you get much beyond 12:00. By 12:30 there are lines out the door at most places.

I'm always partial to Nando's Peri Peri as well for Portuguese style grilled chicken

Shophouse is great, agree on the meatballs. It's Chipotle with Thai flavors. The Carving Room (http://www.carvingroom.com) has great sandwiches (so does Sundevich, but it's more of a hike). Carving Room is also next to that WiseGuys Pizza place which is also solid. Graffiato/Daikaya are next door to each other, longer sit down meal but both are great. Matchbox is another good option for a sit down or bar lunch but it gets packed. Far East taco truck is also going to be across from Verizon center today, very good stuff. Sneaky good lunch also available at the bar at Del Campo or next door at the City Tap House (and they have a great beer selection).

If I wasn't going to the Nats game today I'd stop by and say hi.

A word of warning, Chinatown restaurants (quick and sit-down) get really crowded once you get much beyond 12:00. By 12:30 there are lines out the door at most places.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got here. Will head to the ramen place now.

You all are free to join me if you're in the area.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got here. Will head to the ramen place now.

You all are free to join me if you're in the area.

Since I'm only a couple of blocks from there I normally would, but I've got a 12:00 meeting today that I can't skip out on.

man, Kliman's chat was cut short yesterday due to technical difficulties and Sietsema's was cancelled today. Trying to make me work or something?

Back