• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

The Bon Appetit article (unfortunately) really nailed the atmosphere and service at Rose's. I mean, last night we show up in baseball attire, cram 4 of us behind the bar in a corner where there are only 2 seats and a tiny plank of bar. Bartender couldn't have been nicer, encouraged us to order whatever we wanted, ran around the bar and exchanged our plates and silverware after each course even though we insisted he didn't have to. Didn't wait for a drink or food order all night despite the bar area being a mad house. What's really funny is that if you bump into someone or reach over them for something, everyone is in such a good mood because of the food that nobody cares. They just smile or tell you to definitely order what they have...

I forgot to post afterwards but I went to Thai X-ing a few months ago and was pretty disappointed. Nothing really stood out to me (the noodle dish was legit bad).

I drew the short straw and am waiting in line tomorrow at Rose's for our party of 4. I can get there whenever, but the rest of the party probably won't make it until after 6.

Anyone have any recent experience with the line? I guess I'm worried I'll get there too early, get an early seating, but then not have the full party there yet.

Just read through the last page on Don Rockwell. I don't think I need to be worried about getting seated too early.

Any recommendations on where to drink while waiting?

Just read through the last page on Don Rockwell. I don't think I need to be worried about getting seated too early.

Any recommendations on where to drink while waiting?

Beucherts or Hanks Oyster Bar. Matchbox isn't a bad option either.

Beucherts or Hanks Oyster Bar. Matchbox isn't a bad option either.

Weather permitting - outdoor decks at Cava or Pacifico Cantina (as long as you're drinking and not eating the meh food). I like Lola's upstairs too for hanging out.

yeah it really depends on what kind of drink you want: good craft cocktails, go to Beucherts or Hanks. Other stuff like beer, wine, margs, etc go to LadyDeac's

Back