• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

And that doughnut place just opened there today I think.

Finally checked out Meats & Foods tonight. Fuuuuuuuuck. So glad they are across the street from my house. Aside from the awesome sausages, they have this thing called a chilito. A chili cheese little burrito. It's ridiculous.

Komi night! For lunch I'm having 2 almonds.

Haha I always eat really lightly on days with big meals like that. And once again our Rose's night got pushed back again. One day!

Finally checking out Fiola tonight. Have been meaning to for a long time. Anyone been?

Sietsema is actually doing a top 10 this year for his fall guide. Releasing one restaurant a day for next 10 weekdays. #10 is today and is Boss Shepherd. Anyone been there yet?

I haven't personally, but I have heard raves.

Anyone check out Ocopa on H St? This article makes me feel like I need to get down there more often.

http://dc.eater.com/2014/9/25/6843235/six-new-spots-to-check-out-on-h-street

I don't know many people who have been to Fiola, but those that have all say good things, so I'm pretty excited.

I liked Ocopa a lot. It was shortly after they opened so service wasn't quite there yet, but the food was all great. Defs check it out. On the subject of Peruvian food, there are rumors that one of guys that started the best restaurant in Lima, Astrid y Gaston, is thinking of opening a spot here. I love Peruvian food so much.

Finally checking out Fiola tonight. Have been meaning to for a long time. Anyone been?

I went over a year ago, it was awesome. I went with a big group and tried lots of things. I can't remember exactly what we had, but I know I had fish as my entree and it was solid. The beef tartare with the quail egg also stands out in my mind. Oysters with some sort of granita were good too.

So Fiola on Friday night was actually Failola. Got to the restaurant and they were like "sorry, we're closing the restaurant for a sewage leak." So we ended up walking a block and going to the Source instead. Been there a number of times so it wasn't anything new, but it was still very good.

Bar Mini was as solid as usual. Great place to have really good cocktails and catch up with folks. The Highlander was excellent and I finished the night off with a very interesting Pisco, coffee, and rose water drink.

Also did Lupo Verde on 14th. Great pasta and the service was excellent.

Bar Mini was as solid as usual. Great place to have really good cocktails and catch up with folks. The Highlander was excellent and I finished the night off with a very interesting Pisco, coffee, and rose water drink.

Also did Lupo Verde on 14th. Great pasta and the service was excellent.

Interesting you say that, everyone I have heard from that went there said the exact opposite. Good food, HORRIBLE service. I guess the place was still pretty new when most of them went though so that could be it.

Keep meaning to check out Lupo Verde. Anyone know how it compares to Dino's Grotto?

Not that it really needs to be said, but Komi is still unbelievable. If I was stupid rich I'd eat there every month.

Not that it really needs to be said, but Komi is still unbelievable. If I was stupid rich I'd eat there every month.

Somehow they make every single fucking bite of food delicious. They could serve me pickled cow shit and it would still taste good.

pretty sure I spoiled my own birthday surprise last night. used my wife's phone to look something up and pulled up the browser and she was on the Komi site.

Back